Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had new Belltech shocks put on all 4 corners and when I picked up the truck, it was sitting on the rear bump stops. It refuses to reinflate the bags. I can manually kick on the compressor using the switch in the back, but nothing I have tried will make the bags inflate. I've pulled fuse #1- no help. I've reset everything by unplugging the battery. I've tried manually adjusting both rear height sensors. I've tried to "trick" the system by partially lifting the rear. I've tried to manually trigger the sensors by lifting the hubs with the wheels off. I have no idea what else to do (other than replace them with springs which I don't want to do since I tow). Any suggestions???
Thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
sensors might hav got knocked outta wack or tge arms might not be connected frm the sensor to the upper control arm.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sensor arms are connected and everything was working fine before the shop put it on the lift to switch out the shocks. I'm fairly sure they didn't damage anything because we put it back on the lift to check everything out. If it were a leak somewhere, it seems like the compressor would still kick on, but nothing I've tried will get it to realize the bags need air. I've found a thread that talks about manually inflating the bags- I guess that's my next thing to try. Any other ideas would be very welcome since I can't drive the *&^% thing until I get this figured out!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
a simulator thing had happin to me an it waa sensors so im not sure frm this point

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking it has to be something with the sensors since the compressor works, but I have no idea....

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
Quite odd, shop put shocks on and bags dont work. Little fishy, its so easy to replace shocks, why did you go to a shop. All you need is a jack.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't like messing with the springs on the front struts and they don't charge much to do it otherwise I would have done it myself. It had to be something that happened while they had it, but I just can't figure it out.

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
246 Posts
check that the bags are seated at the top of the bag,sometimes when these are lifted the bag kinks when being let back down and does not seal back at the top of bag,happened to me.raised the tbss back up and took bag totally off straightened back up and put a little soapy water on the top seal and put the bag back on at the top then let it back down.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

You need to soap up your bags.... :boff: :rofl:

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
Hm, great thought, check it out

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
check that the bags are seated at the top of the bag,sometimes when these are lifted the bag kinks when being let back down and does not seal back at the top of bag,happened to me.raised the tbss back up and took bag totally off straightened back up and put a little soapy water on the top seal and put the bag back on at the top then let it back down.
thanks- I'll give that a try...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
198 Posts
Check the hoses that feed the bags from the compressor if you have duals they could have got the tubing close enough to your exhaust near the rear diff and melted it shut. Would then only be filling the lines and not getting to the bags. Just a thought. Good luck. That sucks.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check the hoses that feed the bags from the compressor if you have duals they could have got the tubing close enough to your exhaust near the rear diff and melted it shut. Would then only be filling the lines and not getting to the bags. Just a thought. Good luck. That sucks.
It seems like it would still kick on the compressor to try and fill them even if a line is blocked, but it's not coming on and there's no "error" blinking light so I'm thinking it has to be something with the position sensors. But when I unplug each of the sensors, I get the "error" blinking light and then it goes back off when I plug them back in, so I know they're working as well. It's almost like the system is "asleep" so something.

I'm going to try and manually fill the bags tonight and see what that does. At least I should be able to drive it a little again. I saw a thread that said this can be done, but no detailed instructions- anyone know the best way to go about doing this??

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
I just had a duh moment the other day when I thought this happened to me. Turns out no joke I simply had the sensors adjusted too low.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I read in another thread that both sensor arms are supposed to be pointing toward the back of the truck- is that correct? The passenger side on mine is pointing to the front- if it's supposed to be pointing back, that would likely be the solution. Someone else had their's "flip" to the front after removing the shock, lowering the axle too low and then raising it and it "flipped" around to the front. I'm not sure what direction they are supposed to point because I've never seen the damn things until now! :dunno:

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
Great comment, good thing to check

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That was it- the passenger side sensor had "flipped" when the rear end was brought up and was facing forward. I loosened it and flipped the "arm" to point to the rear of the truck and the system works fine. Man, this was killing me!! :doh:

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
4,726 Posts
That was it- the passenger side sensor had "flipped" when the rear end was brought up and was facing forward. I loosened it and flipped the "arm" to point to the rear of the truck and the system works fine. Man, this was killing me!! :doh:
glad you found the problem.:juggle[1]:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts