Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will use this thread as an update thread for everyone to follow with pics and R&D along the way. It will serve two fold as an update to Damon and an update to everyone else as we progress.

I have this same thread on LS1tech. Some people are over there, some are only over here :)

Today I plan to wash Damons truck, take a set down of it ( scratches, dings, small issues) so he knows I didnt scratch it, or he knows if I did scratch it and fix the oil leak that developed on the drive down.

The setup will no longer use 20Gs as a base, but instead use a Precision billet 58mm to the largest 67mm and will use twin 38mm or 46mm external gates.

I will keep this thread moving with pics and info as we get it.

Build threads keep me on track and motivated. I feel as though I have a commitment to fulfill to the forum as a whole and the positive reinforcement helps when you are in the middle of a build. Plus it keeps you honest :)

There will be plenty of times where I fall off the face of the internet buried in a welding helment, but thats part of it :)

Thanks to Damon for the opportunity, I know I wont let him down. He may send the wife after me... lol!:fear:

Louis

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
keep up the good work... you should have my tbss soon..

·
Premium Member
07 Imperial 1SS 2wd
2,625 Posts
Looking foward to progress pics!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I will keep this thread moving with pics and info as we get it.

Build threads keep me on track and motivated. I feel as though I have a commitment to fulfill to the forum as a whole and the positive reinforcement helps when you are in the middle of a build. Plus it keeps you honest :)
Great to see you subscribe to the same theory as I do! I look forward to seeing this project move along!

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
this is relative to my interests.
good luck on the build! You're gonna have a couple beasts when you're done.

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Well after talking with Louis last night, we will be using Precision 6265's for my setup. He will though make an attemp to try out the 58-62's possibly time permitting, to gauge the potential of the kit. Especially since he can push it a bit with my setup. More to follow as the build gets started in the next week or so. Not going to do twin 67's, lol I know my setup will not take that well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Precision Billet 5557s will fit the kit, as well as all the way up to a 6765 billet. little to no modification for power levels ranging from 600 hp instaboost street truck to a 1200-1300 hp rocket sled.

The kit will also use Precision 46mm gates as well. I can use a 38mm 2 bolt gate, but the bigger gates will work fine for all applications.

We are doing a little research and development on intercooler sizing based off Mass flow and location, we will model the end tanks using CFD, much like we did for this big intercooler-

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1373061-how-build-8-sec-air-air-intercooler.html

I should have a beta design for an intercooler by the first of next week and intercooler core ordered middle to end of next week.

Right now, I cant start tearing the truck apart yet because [email protected] trans is still working on details for the 4l80 swap, I have yet to contact him as well, this is 2nd hand info from Bad Monkey. I will call him next week, as we are fine with the rest of the kit design and engineering, this isnt a hold up yet.

Louis

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
interested to watch this come along!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
233 Posts
subscribed!! you guys are going to have a couple of bad ass trucks! i have scrapped my future plans for this set up as i have always wanted a TT V8. keep up the good work and i cant wait for updates and pictures! :yay2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
65 Posts
It wasn't to bad of a drive through that storm, the worse part of it was Arkansas and the fact they use road graders because they don't have nay snow plows, so Little Rock to Texarcana was at a crawl. But GSS has a helluva nice place, and plenty of room for AWD doughnuts in the shop when done lol. Louis and company I met were a pleasure to deal with. Thanks again for the lunch and dinner. This should be a nice setup, and watched the man do a little bit of work on another customers car while there, he a man on a mission.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Subscribed :popcorn3:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
:popcorn3: Subscribed !!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product! Good luck with the build.:cheers1:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Parts are starting to show up. :) It will be mid next week before I begin to tear the truck apart. Still waiting on flanges/clamps, and doing intercooler modeling.

once that is done, things will go quickly. I will then pull everything back off, and make a Jig, and then produce 5 pieces off the jig. If they all fit correctly, we will go back on track with Damons truck. If they are not, we will fix the issues and hit it again.

Louis

1 - 20 of 84 Posts