Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wellllllllllll....

im usually pretty good at figuring out issues with the truck... but the fat kid is stumped this time...

backed out of the driveway today and swung the wheel to full lock because the resident dickfore across the street parked right across from my driveway on the street... when truck went full lock i heard a loud clunk... and when i pulled away.. the steering wheel is off center.

wheel is pointing at 2 o'clock instead of on center... truck drives fine... but wheel is off center...

going for an alignment tomorrow morning... but wanted to see if anyone else here had some ideas...

rack?
lower controll arm bracket bolts?

ball joints, hubs, a arm bolts, everything is tight and shows no witness marks of movement...

im stumpded

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welllll.. lock to lock is EXACTLY the same...

also, the lower controll arm mount that bolts to the front k member, is kicked out on the pass side about 1/4 inch as opposed to the drivers side.

rack is fine from what i can see.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
rear bolts on the engine crossmember hold the back of the lower controll arm brackets in place... when they are loose it lets the brackets move any which way they feel... my case it moved out... causing a bit o camber, and toe...

buuuuut. she is all better now... and im headed to get some radials after work... which means my drive shaft is in biiiiiiiiggggg trouble. lol

the hack holding the hatchet that put my truck back together tightened them to 10 ba bows... when in reality they need 15 to 17 ba bows of the impact.

he will not do that again... lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.