Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
great i have to change my setup now. Guess im going with a fenderwell kit.

http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Universal-SuperCoolers

click on bottom right

heres what it says
Mount the B&M SuperCooler with the fittings on
top or on the sides. It is not recommended to
mount the cooler with the fittings pointing down as
this may create an air pocket in the cooler resulting
in reduced cooling efficiency. When mounting the
cooler with the fittings on the right or left side, the
lower fitting must be the inlet with the top fitting
routing the fluid back to the transmission.

I've had my cooler like this for over 3 years no probs now im wondering if I really should change it out since I have to replace the cooler anyway.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already have alvins lines here all i would need is the braided line and cooler. i think the vendors still sellthe brake duct coolers I have to see and get one asap since new trans should be here end of week.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
The fords are mounted the same as the Chevy's, fittings on bottom.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i read that stuff i was like greatttttttttttttttttttt

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
great i have to change my setup now. Guess im going with a fenderwell kit.

http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Universal-SuperCoolers

click on bottom right

heres what it says
Mount the B&M SuperCooler with the fittings on
top or on the sides. It is not recommended to
mount the cooler with the fittings pointing down as
this may create an air pocket in the cooler resulting
in reduced cooling efficiency. When mounting the
cooler with the fittings on the right or left side, the
lower fitting must be the inlet with the top fitting
routing the fluid back to the transmission.
Bullshit!! It would have to be a system pressurized, COMPLETELY full of fluid, to create an air pocket..There is a lot of "air" in a transmission.......

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Interesting. Anyone has a contact with B&M to ask them about the mounting position?

I am running 200-210 in traffic but 190-197 freeway speeds. Running efan, 3200 stall, and pcmforless tranny cooler front mounted.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,119 Posts
how does yours run temp wise as for the coolant with the front mount trans cooler? Also do you have efans and an UDP?
I have a stock clutch fan and no UDP. Just stall, intake, B&M tranny cooler, and tune. My coolant temps are around 190-200 on the hwy and 200-210 in traffic. Don't think I've gotten above 210 yet. In the mornings on my way to work, before the heat really starts kicking in, my tranny cooler won't go above 185. But on the way home around 6 or so it will creep just below the coolant temps.
So hottest part of the day my coolant gets closer to 210 and tranny temp around 200.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,119 Posts
And I'm in Fort Worth, TX. It's been hitting close to 105* every day. I try not to drive it too terribly hard in this heat don't wanna eff something up. I get on it occasionally but I don't drive too crazy.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
BS, Ive had the trans cooler mounted in my 02 TB for 6+ years and 60k+ now mounted with the lines coming out the bottom. Believe its a TRU-COOL (B&M rebrand IIRC).

Just got my PCM4Less brake duct kit with black braided lines installed last week, had to play with one bracket but works really well and is warm after a spirited drive so I know its doing its job!

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
And I'm in Fort Worth, TX. It's been hitting close to 105* every day. I try not to drive it too terribly hard in this heat don't wanna eff something up. I get on it occasionally but I don't drive too crazy.

yeah I would recommend keeping the clutch fan and stock pulley. Those 210 degree days will turn into 220+ easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.