Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fought with my PAC SWI-PS for years. It never worked as it should, even after the capacitor 'fix'. Occasionally it would work perfectly, sometimes it would respond slowly and only to certain button presses, but most of the time it didn't work at all. It was bad enough, that 95% of the time, my steering wheel controls didn't work at all. Over the course of a single drive, they would stop/start responding. For a while, it would even randomly change channels even though I didn't push any buttons...

Today, I swapped in an Axxess ASWC after someone on here mentioned that it was better than the PAC SWI-PS. The wiring was easier than the SWI-PS and so far it's working far better than the PAC SWI-PS ever did. The head unit responds as quickly as the stock unit did and all buttons have worked 100%. If you replace your radio and want to maintain steering wheel controls, I can't recommend the Axxess ASWC highly enough.

Tim

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to either solder, tap, or crimp three wires (switched power, ground, and signal). All three can be found in the factory or aftermarket wiring harness. I tapped directly into my GMOS-04 wiring harness.

Tim

·
Registered
2008 TbSs
791 Posts
You have to either solder, tap, or crimp three wires (switched power, ground, and signal). All three can be found in the factory or aftermarket wiring harness. I tapped directly into my GMOS-04 wiring harness.

Tim
Thanks but it seems like a lot of work..

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,381 Posts
Just used one them on my 05 silverado....simple install and works great!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
I have to order this

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
Just put mine in. Anyone run into this problem though, I accidentally hit the button with the screaming face button and it immediately killed the radio. Only reason it did not scare the shit out of me is because it already did when installing the PAC so I knew it wasn't dead. Anyone know why it would do this. I don't have any other modules hooked up because I don't have blose, on star or chimes. It is easy enough for me to avoid this button but for the few, and I mean very few and far between, times wifey drives the truck I don't want her to accidentally hit it and get freaked. thanx

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's the OnStar. There's something with the wiring that does that with every aftermarket radio. One of the guys on here posted a wiring diagram to bypass that 'feature'.

Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts