Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted this? from going through the offroad guys stuff, it sounds like the 454SS used a 5 lug 14 bolt 9.5"... Or at the very least, gone to a machine shop and had the current patter filled and redrilled and specd for appropriate run out? I really am trying to find a way to avoid putting in a 9" in this thing, even though I may get some ponies and weight back i dont want that cost right now. My goal is to get a 15" rim on here, so I can put a legitimate tire on it.

Thoughts and opinions? and suggestions for converting front over to 5 lug?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Easy. Use s10 blazer front hubs, send the axles to mosor engineering. Use the axles as a template to drill the rotors. One or two holes will need to be welded and drilled.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will look into that, thank you. Have some drag lites I would love to not have to sell. Not sure I am okay with running a true skinny on the front though, may move to a 6 or 7" wide

·
Registered
9-7x 5.3i
37 Posts
Some helpful info.... Just looked at both hubs on Oreilly's website and mounting measurements and flange offset is the same. Only differences are the hub circle measurement is smaller on the blazer. You would need a hub-centric ring for the brake rotor to ride on.

Then you have to redrill your brake rotor and it should all bolt together.

TBSS Blazer
Brake Pilot Diameter (mm): 78.983mm 70.600mm Hub circle right off lug flange (brake sits on)
Wheel Pilot Diameter (mm): 77.783mm 70.100mm Hub circle projected into wheel (hub circle)
Flange Offset (mm): 47mm 47mm
Hub Pilot Diameter (mm): 91.98mm 91.98mm Bearing seat/flange, rests in steering knuckle

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some helpful info.... Just looked at both hubs on Oreilly's website and mounting measurements and flange offset is the same. Only differences are the hub circle measurement is smaller on the blazer. You would need a hub-centric ring for the brake rotor to ride on.

TBSS Blazer
Brake Pilot Diameter (mm): 78.983mm 70.600mm Hub circle right off lug flange (brake sits on)
Wheel Pilot Diameter (mm): 77.783mm 70.100mm Hub circle projected into wheel (hub circle)
Hub Pilot Diameter (mm): 91.98mm 91.98mm Bearing seat/flange, rests in steering knuckle
what year blazer is this? I am looking at the 2000's and im getting different numbers, like hub pilot diameter is 88mm

·
Registered
1993 GMC Typhoon
146 Posts
Has anyone attempted this? from going through the offroad guys stuff, it sounds like the 454SS used a 5 lug 14 bolt 9.5"... Or at the very least, gone to a machine shop and had the current patter filled and redrilled and specd for appropriate run out? I really am trying to find a way to avoid putting in a 9" in this thing, even though I may get some ponies and weight back i dont want that cost right now. My goal is to get a 15" rim on here, so I can put a legitimate tire on it.

Thoughts and opinions? and suggestions for converting front over to 5 lug?
just throwing this out there, don't forget the 454SS will have a 5 x 5" lug pattern, where as the S10 and practically every other GM vehicle will have a 5 x 4.75" lug pattern. That may or may not make a difference depending on how much you are willing to spend.

Reactions: Vette71_454

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I had noticed that, the setup i have now is the 5 and 5.5 BC draglites, but as i said i dont feel right with a 3.5 on the front on this truck so id be replacing the fronts, and just get a 6 or 7 inch wide with the s10 pattern.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I have yet to see anyone bolt the front Hubs of an s10 in....I keep hearing it said but have yet to see anyone do it. If they fit then you are spot on on how to make it happen.
Yes.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
2,305 Posts

TBSS Blazer
That is assuming the 5x4.75 lug pattern wheel can accept the 70.1mm bore. Personally I would just run bolt pattern conversion adapters.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
I read that whole thread and that is crazy what all they tried.... I did learn a LOT of information through their post though. Also, I learned I never want to run any type of adapter. LOL

I have done 3 Silverado trucks as follows and it was fairly quick and painless.

Take front hubs, axles, and rotors to a machine shop with the capabilities of changing a bolt pattern. Tell them you want to have the parts drilled out to 5x4.75" pattern. Pay your $250-300 and be done. You could also buy the axles from Moser for $380 +/-, but they are not needed IMO.

Although, they will have to weld 1 hole up on each hub/axle, but the rotors are fine to overlap one of the holes in the pattern. I had a 1K+ RWHP truck done this way with only 1/2" studs and worked flawlessly. Depending on your rear wheels you could just step up to 5/8" studs in the rear. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

***I just purchased my TBSS 2 weeks ago and I will be dropping my parts off this week to be swapped to 5 lug. It will take 3-4 weeks for my wheels to be shipped, but I will post pics when it is all done. I am not a fan of factory wheels or 20+" wheels on something with 600+ HP I will be running a 17" front wheel and 15" rear wheel.***

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
I read that whole thread and that is crazy what all they tried.... I did learn a LOT of information through their post though. Also, I learned I never want to run any type of adapter. LOL

I have done 3 Silverado trucks as follows and it was fairly quick and painless.

Take front hubs, axles, and rotors to a machine shop with the capabilities of changing a bolt pattern. Tell them you want to have the parts drilled out to 5x4.75" pattern. Pay your $250-300 and be done. You could also buy the axles from Moser for $380 +/-, but they are not needed IMO.

Although, they will have to weld 1 hole up on each hub/axle, but the rotors are fine to overlap one of the holes in the pattern. I had a 1K+ RWHP truck done this way with only 1/2" studs and worked flawlessly. Depending on your rear wheels you could just step up to 5/8" studs in the rear. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

***I just purchased my TBSS 2 weeks ago and I will be dropping my parts off this week to be swapped to 5 lug. It will take 3-4 weeks for my wheels to be shipped, but I will post pics when it is all done. I am not a fan of factory wheels or 20+" wheels on something with 600+ HP I will be running a 17" front wheel and 15" rear wheel.***

i cant wait to see this. i have been wanting to run billet specialties wheels for a while now

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
For sure. I dropped the parts off today and they should be done mid next week. Then just have to wait on the wheels.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
For sure. I dropped the parts off today and they should be done mid next week. Then just have to wait on the wheels.
If you don't mine telling us how much are they charging for labor. Do you have the shops number because in Chicago I couldn't find a shop to do the work. Everyplace I called don't have a clue of what I was talking about.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Regretfully I do not. I had some medical issues for myself and my g/f and bills have piled up substantially...so been trying to pay those off before i dig back into the truck. I actually found a pair of 2002 spares and some MB TKO 17's that i am using for a cheap mans drag pack...but i havent even put my slicks on it yet its been that tight with cash...really sucks because i was set to have it into the 9's before the end of the year.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts