Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am Tossing around the idea of making my truck RWD, I don't drive it in the snow and don't drive it daily either.

It would be nice to have the extra hp to the pavement, drop 200lbs and not worry about the potential of something in the front end breaking.

I'll most likely be getting a drag wheel/tire setup either way eventually.

My biggest concern is traction on the street with normal street tires , how bad is it with heads/cam and a stall ? I'm on nitto 420s right now

I'm looking for input from guys that have gone from Awd to 2wd, are you happy with your decision ?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,569 Posts
I have both and these things hook rwd. My black truck is rwd, heads, cam, with Nitto 420s. I actually pulled it out today and went to have some fun on the streets. If anything related to the awd in my white truck breaks, I'll be converting immediately. But I also live in a significantly warmer climate. Where I would need the awd maybe 5 days a year, you probably use it significantly more.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,114 Posts
I converted mine 2wd almost 3 years ago and it's the best thing I did. On Drag radials it hooks and on street tires it does fine. I'm heads, cam, and 3600 stall and putting down 450hp to the wheels but with as much as these bitches weigh it hooks pretty well on street tires. I have a set of bfg sport comp 2s and I can roast them from a stop when I mat it but if I'm rolling and floor it I get very little tire spin. And it's A lot more fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maxspeed96ct
1 - 3 of 3 Posts