Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will be picking up an 07 awd here shortly, my first tbss and ls2 motor. I have a couple other lsx vehicles including a z06 corvette. Im going with the awd because I want to be able to drive it all year round as we get a good bit of snow here.

Looking to get some information on anyone running a 10 second pass on the stock bottom end. That will be my goal with this vehicle. Im going to start with a built trans from performabuilt and most likely a yank converter which will be purchased in the next couple weeks.

Now my question is what direction do you think is best for me to head in. Im thinking either h/c/i plus some nitrous or possibly a maggie or d1sc from HOB. I noticed some tbss in the low 11's on the stock bottom but couldnt find many being pushed in the 10's. Correct me if im wrong but the bottom end in these motors are pretty much twins to the corvette ls2 in which I am very firmilar with? If so it just seems like you guys arent pushing these motors very hard as in the corvette scene I have noticed a lot of guys pushing these motors in stock trim to the low 600rwhp and sometimes close to the 700rwhp mark for long periods(4+ years) of time and using them as daily drivers. Maybe im missing something, not trying to be rude im just curious if anyone is pushing these things that hard or if they just dont hold up.

I guess the real question is no matter what type of power method I choose are these trucks capable of being in the 600rwhp mark and being reliable as a daily driver (something the vette's do all the time but wouldnt be that good in the snow :biggrin2:. Figure this is about how much power I will need to hit a high 10.

Appreciate any help and wisdom from you veterans.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Short Answer.....Not Many.
Reliable as a 10 Second DD on a Stock Bottom....No
Its gonna take a lot to get one of these in the 10's and Daily Drive it, Nitrous will likely be the Key, but Im betting it wont be on a stock bottom end for too long.
The Biggest Downfall is the weight difference, these trucks push and sometimes topple the 5K pound mark. Takes a lot of power to pull a 10 with this, and make it hold up.

My .02 Cents

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
They dont seem to hold up to being pushed/abused as the lighter cars.

I have seen a lot of guys grenande a TBSS doing something that they would have got away with running a Corvette or F-Body.

I agree with Matt as far as weight goes.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I'm pushing 12# of boost on my stock motor, converter and trans. Haven't been tp the track as of yet but should be in the mid to high 11's. I could only imagine what would happen if I sprayed the juice on top of the 12#'s on the stock bottom end. But keep us up to speed on your build. Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Mike, I am with Matt and Rich however i think if you have the funds then go for it! because then if it blows you will be able to pay to fix it/forge it and then run 10's reliably!!

your best bet for a dd would be a TVS2300 supercharger or go procharger...

if it was a mostly track car then you would go heads with a BIG cam and alot of juice which isnt going to drive as nice as a 2300 would driving around town.

:2cents::2cents:

good luck tho! hopfully you can make a thread for your build!:coolthumb:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
has there ever been any 10 second awd tbss's?
Don't think so. Just look at the fastest list -http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37340

Fastest AWD posted is only mid 11's. Most going into the 10's or 11's are 2wd or AWD converted to 2wd. There seems to be a big gap in AWD and 2WD times.

I've been beating on my stock bottom end 2WD now for a while. I have over 100 nitrous passes on it and half of those are at 150hp+ and low 11's. I'm very close to a 10 second pass on stock bottom end. Far as being reliable, only time will tell, but really Doubt any 10 second SUV would be considered reliable when you think about it. Always a chance something will break.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
So now I'm you friend.
About treefidy. If you beat me by a full second I'll buy you lap dance and a beer.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Thats a hell of a drive for you. Give me a month I should be up and running. I'll race for the hell of it. I know you'll beet me, but its gotta be a full second. We'll just have the loser pay for the entry fee.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Let me know when you go, Me and a couple friends have been a few times. I'll at least give you a beer.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.