Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
awdvette,
Thanks for the link and the information getting input from everyone will really help me make my decision. I still have plenty of time to look into everything i’m either taking my time or being extremely lazy which ever we would like to call it slowly getting back to the SS to throw some more parts in/on it the entire inside is new parts sitting waiting for their final resting places. I can’t say this weather is helping motivate anything to move any faster around here plus work the greatest unmotivator of all.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,214 Posts
Next week I’m taking a cross shaft to a local machine shop to find out the cost to have them machined from 300m billet. I’ll keep you posted on pricing.

·
Registered
Wickd SS
7 Posts
I had 06 awd 408ci 200 shot an EVENTUALLY tranny wheel bearings front diff axles an rear end will go I'm now 07 408ci NA 2wd an its alot better jus my opinion.. Soon I will be adding boost PD or procharger idk which is better yet.. anybody can giv helpful info I would appreciate it ty in advance

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
620 Posts
I like PD for a heavy truck due their low-end torque and instant boost. Newer PD blowers and screw compressors are quite efficient. The most bolt-on and OEM-like solutions are PD- particularly the Magnuson TVS2300 or TVS 1900 kits. I believe there is also a universal Whipple 2.9 kit for cathedral port heads with the correct belt offset.
If you go with LS3 heads, the sky is the limit in the PD world, but you'll need to do some modifications to make most of these kits fit. Whipple 2.9 (or larger), Kong TVS2650, Magnuson Heartbeat, LSA swap kits, Edelbrock TVS2300, etc.
Depending on what you choose, you're looking at 500 to 1100 hp.

If you wanted to go drag racing with 2WD, centrifugal could work better by limiting low RPM torque and providing a bit more power up high. HOB offers some relatively large blowers.

If you really want power and don't care about breaking parts or never-ending tweaking, turbo is the way to go. I have multiple turbo cars. If I rebuilt my 9-7X again, I would strongly consider going twin turbo.

Tim

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
awdvette, did you ever get a price on that billet cross shaft just remember you where working on that ?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
  1. I had 06 awd 408ci 200 shot an EVENTUALLY tranny wheel bearings front diff axles an rear end will go I'm now 07 408ci NA 2wd an its alot better jus my opinion.. Soon I will be adding boost PD or procharger idk which is better yet.. anybody can giv helpful info I would appreciate it ty in advance

I wish I had some input that would help you but I’m just in the building phase as i bought my SS in the non running form and am building it slowly as I go timg had some real good input from what i read sounds like you already have a monster built putting boost two would be one hell of a next step. Thanks for the advice on 2wd i’m really still contemplating which way to go as of now i’m considering leaving it out and deciding later if i want to put it back in I spent the money and have a tranny set too go if i go 2wd and can put the other on the shelf with the rest of the parts it’s all fresh so it would just be resting in wait if i decided to try out the awd later what do you think ?

·
Registered
Wickd SS
7 Posts
Yea if u a street racer awd is ur advantage if ur a enthusiast rwd is more fun but u can go to track have a blast... my truck was did 7.4 8th mile on 200 shot... not racing anymore jus wanna have strong truck an represent bcz 80% SRT8 JEEPs n my city Buffal NY

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
nice numbers yeah i’m just building mine as a hobby i live in the country but could go run at gateway in st. louis to run against some real vehicles out here it’s all lifted trucks and a few mustangs running around def no street racing scene.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,214 Posts
Sorry, I’ve worked the last 14-15 days straight haven’t had time to get to the machine shop. Hopefully next week I’ll get it dropped off. I wouldn’t expect an answer on price until early March.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry, I’ve worked the last 14-15 days straight haven’t had time to get to the machine shop. Hopefully next week I’ll get it dropped off. I wouldn’t expect an answer on price until early March.
10-4 crazy how machine shops have just fallen farther and farther to the point the good ones can’t even stay close to keeping up with demands sooner or later where all gunna be in trouble just finding a shop to do something basic I know that’s how it is in my area we are down too two within 100 miles

21 - 31 of 31 Posts