Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt know where to post this, do you guys think it can be done by removing the front driveshaft and getting my truck onto the dyno or would something fuk up??
Once again sorry if this thread doesn't belong here.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
07 Silver TBSS
922 Posts
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but it has to do w/ the PCM registering that the front wheels aren't moving when they're supposed to be.....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,012 Posts
transfer case is a "viscous diff" i believe, regardless, take the front shaft out and the rear wont move, power will transfer to the front yoke only since it has the least resistance. something like that. you can bolt a regular trailblazer new process transfer case in and leave it in 2wd. if you want to go through the trouble.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but it has to do w/ the PCM registering that the front wheels aren't moving when they're supposed to be.....
Actually that isn't a problem when you pull a couple fuses. The issue is that we have a mechanical transfer case and it will hurt the Torsen unit by pulling the front shaft. It cannot be electronically disabled like some other AWD systems. Find an AWD capable dyno.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nvm i better street tune it than go through that hassle.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually that isn't a problem when you pull a couple fuses. The issue is that we have a mechanical transfer case and it will hurt the Torsen unit by pulling the front shaft. It cannot be electronically disabled like some other AWD systems. Find an AWD capable dyno.
I know where an AWD dyno is, they have one where my brothers truck is getting some twins 76 billet at noribilt here in san antonio, ill be going with my tbss just to go dyno it whenever we go pick her up.

·
Registered
white 3SS
532 Posts

Nvm i better street tune it than go through that hassle.
Sean at True Street motorsports does a badass job with the street tunes on the tbss's. I had him do mine and I love it! Deff will recamend anyone to see him!!! (972)542-9886 there in Mckinney, Tx

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sean at True Street motorsports does a badass job with the street tunes on the tbss's. I had him do mine and I love it! Deff will recamend anyone to see him!!! (972)542-9886 there in Mckinney, Tx
Thanks, but i have my tuner he did an awesome job with my tune. I just wanted to see how many ponnies my truck had lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,510 Posts
from my understanding a dyno is just a measuring tool for tuning, not a true judge of power. for example you dyno at 300hp, then adjust some tuning and get 320hp it shows you that you tuning is working or not. the actual number doesn't mean a whole lot.

Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
from my understanding a dyno is just a measuring tool for tuning, not a true judge of power. for example you dyno at 300hp, then adjust some tuning and get 320hp it shows you that you tuning is working or not. the actual number doesn't mean a whole lot.

Is this correct?
Yes that is correct. Some dynos read different then others. The drag strip is a true measure of actual performance. A dyno is just a tool that allows you to fine tune some aspects of the tune without having to top out third gear on the street as well as hit some cells in certain tables that are hard to hit on the street (depending on dyno type).

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Yes you can run a AWD on a 2wd dyno. Its been done. Pharmd did it with his, tuning was done by Blue Cat in eastern KY. And he knows his shit. They used a standard 4wd transfer case in place of ours.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Just get two of these for the front wheels and you will be fine

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Yes you can run a AWD on a 2wd dyno. Its been done. Pharmd did it with his, tuning was done by Blue Cat in eastern KY. And he knows his shit. They used a standard 4wd transfer case in place of ours.
Yep. If that is less trouble then finding an AWD dyno and even then it doesnt simulate street load.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts