Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
What do they do to the pan? I have yet to see pictures!!! Last I heard it was a very weak (BETTER THEN NOTHING) fix.

Did you take pictures Steven?
I did not take pictures but it effectively does exactly the same thing as the photo you showed above. They make a block-off wall behind the axle pass-through and seals side to side. This is welded to the steel cover type thing and seals on the floor of the pan and both sides of the pan.

This is the prototype they did, which was placed in front of the axle pass-through. But mine was done very differently and a lot better. The trap door itself was different, they way it fit flush to the sides of the pan was totally different, everything about it was better than this prototype.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not take pictures but it effectively does exactly the same thing as the photo you showed above. They make a block-off wall behind the axle pass-through and seals side to side. This is welded to the steel cover type thing and seals on the floor of the pan and both sides of the pan.

This is the prototype they did, which was placed in front of the axle pass-through. But mine was done very differently and a lot better. The trap door itself was different, they way it fit flush to the sides of the pan was totally different, everything about it was better than this prototype.

OK Cool!

I know 2 people that called and got told they only did a few... Good to know they will do them full time! :coolthumb:

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
someone has been reading over on yellowbullet lately eh?

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Yeah you! I dont know the guys screen name, but he was posting up a thread on yellowbullet about those. black camaro, 88mm turbo

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah you! I dont know the guys screen name, but he was posting up a thread on yellowbullet about those. black camaro, 88mm turbo
LOL! same guy I think... Don't read much on the bullet. Too heavy 4 me!:rofl: He was looking for a pan that helped the oil starvation at launch and didnt want a Moroso pan. Some guy posted this company and he said he was going to try it. Got me thinking about the TBSS pan...

I'm set and happy with my Moroso, but I know the awd guys can't use one.

I'm not smack talking the HOB pan but that just looks like they weld in a extra bar no gate or hinge. If your going to do it "DO IT BIG!" IMO...:rofl:

·
Big J
TrailblazerSS
402 Posts
Spun my bearings on Woodward the night before Woodward cruise, and just got my truck back last fri. So I emailed the above company and explained the situation with the AWD's he said he would be willing to engineer something and do a group buy if we could get 20 people or more. He also said that he needs photos of the oil pan. Does anyone have these available?

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
honestly, i doubt 20 people will commit to this before its in production. Cant see selling a whole lot of these.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
897 Posts
The AWD pan is completly diff than what is pictured above. The problem with the AWD pans is that the oil pump pick up is in the front of the pan. I will be making a post in the next couple days about the perfect and best solution to the AWD pan problems.... You guys will deff enjoy.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,086 Posts
The AWD pan is completly diff than what is pictured above. The problem with the AWD pans is that the oil pump pick up is in the front of the pan. I will be making a post in the next couple days about the perfect and best solution to the AWD pan problems.... You guys will deff enjoy.
Removal of the pan neccessary?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a lot of Improved Racing's parts on my RX7. Very nice high quality stuff. I would buy it from them if they built something.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.