Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here and would like to thank anyone that can give me some advice.
Currently building a 2008/ 700 - 800 hp SC TBSS and trying to correct 2 of the week links in the drivetrain.
Are the any upgrades for:
1st the front Diff. & 2nd the transfer case.
or any builders that can build and beef up these components? Thanks
(for street and road course not off road)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,085 Posts
The t-case has proved safe to 900hp, the front diff alot of ppl change from a grease style to wet lube and be sure to check the splines that seems to be the biggest failure. Search in the drivetrain section for the threads. The main first 2 concerns should be the oil pickup, and trans that will let go before the diff..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Reactions: SleeperSS

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
148 Posts
I'm using a nv149 transfercase as they are a beefier unit vs stock and going with a bully racing front diff.
They build them with a LSD and cryo treated gears

·
Registered
garage empty!!!
508 Posts
I'm using a nv149 transfercase as they are a beefier unit vs stock and going with a bully racing front diff.
I have the bully racing torsen LSD for the front. Very happy with it. Setting mine up for some power.

Now it's AWD not 3WD....:biggrin2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
928 Posts
I have the bully racing torsen LSD for the front. Very happy with it. Setting mine up for some power.

Now it's AWD not 3WD....:biggrin2:
This Bully Racing front diff unit is excellent(I have it too), but just to be clear, it is not LSD, it is TORSEN diff.
Much better than lsd.

Pete

·
Registered
garage empty!!!
508 Posts
Good point. I am just used to calling it that when talking to people who don't really know what it is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts