Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,288 Posts
JustClaire is incorrect, on a tbss torsion style center diff (nvg120 transfer case) you cannot simply pull the front shaft and get 2wd. The torsion unit will not apply power to any of wheels if there is no front shaft. Basically if you do this your truck won’t move.

Our t case is entirely mechanical, but effectively becomes an open diff when either the front or rear drivetrain is disconnected. Just like how a Torsion style rear diff works, you pick one tire up you get nothing on the other side. Ours is just split front to rear not left to right.

If you want selectable 4wd/2wd you can use a stock trailblazer 4wd transfer case.

· Registered
1 Posts
awd to 2wd

i did it today in a 2002 olds bravada remove transfer case acc motor with truck in the air move transfer case shaft to the 2wd rotate drive shaft to ck only rear wheels are moving . take transfer case acc motor heavy gauge red&black wires 9 v battery acc motor will turn clock it till bolt holes line up and reinstall DO NOT RECONNECT THE CONNECTOR AWD LIGHT WILL STAY ON WHO CARES THE FRONT AXLE WONT BLOW UP ! ON MY TRUCK PASS SIDE AXLE SPLINE COULPING WAS WASTED & NO F--KING PARTS THAT I CAN FIND SO I TOOK THE AXLES APART LEVING THE INNER TRIPOD JOINT HOUSING IN PLACE & OUTER CV JOINT IN PLACE SO OUTER WHEEL BERING HUB IS TITE &NO WATER CAN GET IN THEFRONT DIF WHEN THEY START MAKING PARTS I CAN PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER hope it helps someone .Gauges pics before/after it got us back on the road
Thanks for your post, I know this thread is old. So you were saying we can keep the original transfer case and just "set" it to rwd by adjusting the acc motor to rwd? I've seen other people replace the transfer case with a 4x4 tc and set it to 2x4. If I could avoid switching out the tc, that would obviously make it much easier/cheaper

21 - 22 of 22 Posts