Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching several different ways, maybe I just didn't put in the correct terms. Since I am sure someone will have a comment, I tried;

Aux
Aux input
Aux adapter
Interface
Radio Android

Couldn't get anything except a couple results for iPhone stuff.

So just wanted to CYA on that. :)

So anyways, I want to have an interface to attach to my factory deck so I can plug my Android phone in and listen to music on it. I've found several sources online, which use the CD changer plug on the back of the deck to connect. I've looked on Ebay and several other websites, but cannot find anything for less than $70. Just wondering (and hoping) if you guys might know of a source for these interfaces that are much cheaper price. I don't mind buying a $70 unit if I need to, but I figured there would be some for $30-40 somewhere. Looking for a source on one of these that someone has some experience with using them theirselves......

TIA

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
278 Posts
I too was looking for one of these. I found this thread --> http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41363

I stopped a Radio shack and got everything I need to do this myself. You may want to contact the OP of the above thread to see if he still makes them if you don't want to build your own.
You can do this yourself with moderate soldering skills, a few dollar part from Radio Shack, and some ethernet cable. It took me awhile to perfect it, but it was very cheap. Works very good.

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Rumor has it, there is a better DIY thread for the TB's......anyone know it?
Could be this one? Mine :) hahaha

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66229

Someone on the cobaltss forum did it... believe it's on gayvoy as well. Just google 'how to connect mp3 to bose xm trailblazer" something will come up.

I just did what I said in my thread two days ago. Works flawlessly with nothing bought other than a few butt connectors and a 3.5mm audio jack (6'). Sounds great, much better than fm transmitter

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be this one? Mine :) hahaha

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66229

Someone on the cobaltss forum did it... believe it's on gayvoy as well. Just google 'how to connect mp3 to bose xm trailblazer" something will come up.

I just did what I said in my thread two days ago. Works flawlessly with nothing bought other than a few butt connectors and a 3.5mm audio jack (6'). Sounds great, much better than fm transmitter
My eyes! I clicked the pic and stepped back 10ft. :D

Just giving you a hard time though. Glad to hear it worked good for ya. Did you just drop the glovebox and wire in right at the XM module? The wiring diagram in the link I posted is pretty straight forward......but I knew it was for the Avalanche, just making sure it isn't different on the TB.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Ahh i know the pic is terrible... Basically you just drop the panel below the glovebox (where your feet would b) and then take the xm module box thang and disconnect the 7 pin connector. Then work on the three wires I mentioned in that thread. Takes maybe 30 minutes from start to finish if you don't really know what you're doing. Just make sure your ground is tight or else you get buzzing. I had to reconnect the grounds two times before I got the perfect sound.

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh i know the pic is terrible... Basically you just drop the panel below the glovebox (where your feet would b) and then take the xm module box thang and disconnect the 7 pin connector. Then work on the three wires I mentioned in that thread. Takes maybe 30 minutes from start to finish if you don't really know what you're doing. Just make sure your ground is tight or else you get buzzing. I had to reconnect the grounds two times before I got the perfect sound.
Cool deal. I'm going to get the part from Radio Shack shortly, some beer on the way home.....then break out the soldering iron after the sun drops. I'll snag a pic or two.

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No soldering is necessary if you get butt connectors :)

Try to get the thickest aux cable you can so the three wires are the thickest possible gauge
I am a freak when it comes to wiring. I prefer to solder. :)

I've got several CAP5 cables laying around, I'll use one of them first since I have extra. I've got the stock Bose system, so I'm not looking to listen to anything at concert levels. As long as its clear and has decent quality (as much as MP3 will give me), I'll be happy. I'll report back. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts