Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock transmission still. Had every seat full during the day too. Nothing like having 4 people in the minivan on the course.

Reactions: Jake747

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've raced my S4 for years, nothing comes close to the fun of the TBSS. My friends, who were along for the ride, were laughing so hard they were crying. Its super slow compared to the Audi, but way more fun. Man handling that beast through the cones was a blast, can't wait to do it again.

This was also in a contest we host called the Ultimate Street Car Challenge up here. Its a judged car show, cruise, 100 foot dash (no drag strip within a couple hours) and an autocross. Total score is based on your 100 footer time your autocross score and your car show score. I placed 5th overall out of 30 cars. I am really happy with how it performed.

You can hear the nitrous come on for the back straight(ish) section.

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
Holy crap that looks fun!! TBSS didn't have any where near as much body roll as I thought it would either

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Why would you have 3 people with you?? makes a huge difference..

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
Why not carry the people? From the sounds of things he did it just for fun and I'm sure they enjoyed it as much as he did

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why not carry the people? From the sounds of things he did it just for fun and I'm sure they enjoyed it as much as he did
Yep, I had no chance of beating the STI's and such, I figured if you're going to race a "minivan" you may as well load it up. I figured it would have been around 5700 lbs on course, as the truck weighed in at 4890 plus 4 grown men.

All in all it was a blast, I think everyone should autocross their TBSS at some point.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
2,305 Posts
Well done. It looks like stockish suspension with lowering springs? The understeer is obviously bad.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
31.5 kit. Otherwise stock.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The TBSS isn't expressly denied from SCCA. If you look at the rule book they have a description for measuring the roll over ratio. If you lower the truck and follow the measurements you can autocross the TBSS in SCCA.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts