Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck turning them off somehow?
Dealer or somehow?
Drivin me nuts!
Thx

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,535 Posts
Its in the DIC setup. Use the "I" button on the steering wheel and cycle thru the different menu options. One of them is to lock the doors when going from park > drive, theres a 2nd one to auto lock when reach a certain mph.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Anyone have any luck turning them off somehow?

Dealer or somehow?

Drivin me nuts!

Thx

What are you looking for the locks to do?
Off always?
Off till car starts driving then off when yo turn car off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off always... only lock and unlock with the remote or when I press the lock or unlock button

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Off always... only lock and unlock with the remote or when I press the lock or unlock button
Don't think that's possible with the stock options, GM will automatically lock them at 8mph when moving anyway.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Looked in the book and here is the only options.

Automatic Door Locks

1. Continue with the following steps in order to personalize the automatic door locks:
  2. Press the Select button in order to enter the menu. The first choice seen is the current setting.
  3. Press the Select button in order to scroll through the following options:
    • LOCK DOORS: IN GEAR
    • LOCK DOORS: WITH SPEED
  4. Press the Personalization button in order to advance to the next option.
  5. Press the Select button in order to enter the menu. The first choice seen is the current setting.
  6. Press the Select button in order to scroll through the following options:
    • UNLOCK DRIVER: IN PARK
    • UNLOCK DOORS: IN PARK
    • UNLOCK DOORS: AT KEY OUT
    • UNLOCK DOORS: MANUALLY
  7. Press the Personalization button in order to advance to the next option.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought maybe someone would know what wire I could tap into under the back seat and maybe disable the speed sensor so it would never know that the truck is moving then set the dash to lock with speed

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,535 Posts
Are you wanting the gauges to turn off at a certain speed? For what purpose?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No ...was thinkin I could somehow disable the speed sensor wire that goes to the auto locks so you can set the dash to tell them to lock with speed but then they never get the signal so they do not lock

·
Registered
2006 SS
141 Posts
What is the issue with the doors locking once up to speed.. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to fix something that doesn't seem to be an issue since you can simply move your hand a few inches and press the unlock button anyways at anytime if someone needs to get in or out? Am I missing something? Wanting to be able to jump out at speed or something? Lol

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,535 Posts
I have mine set to lock with speed and unlock when I go into park. I never have to touch the unlock button anymore.

·
Registered
2006 SS
141 Posts
Same here.. Occasionally I drop someone off and don't need to put it in park or pick someone up as well.. In that case you touch the button and it unlocks... Thats why I'm not understanding the reason to disable them?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So this is where my problem Lies when you drop someone off... I got a fiddle fuck find the button and by that time the passenger is already grabbed the handle so you get caught...i know I should know the button location by now very easy.. so last week it rained and I had to take my oldest boy on his paperroute in the truck....what a pita bigtime!
Would just love to have them never lock unless I do it manually.
Thx guys

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
87 Posts
Hmmm.. if the kids or passengers are old enough to get out of the truck by themselves, why don't they just unlock the door themselves? As long as the child locks are disabled, they should be able to do this (and if they're in the front seat, then even this isn't an issue.)

Not sure why you have to unlock the door for them at all, really.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When u stop at 40 houses and have to unlock each time it gets to be a pain in the ass.
Yes they can as u stated but damn ...soon lock actuators will be going bad...lol.
Just wish it didn't lock at all unless I locked it... all the rest of my vehicles Have an off function.
Sometimes it's a small Creature Comforts that make a vehicle...oh well

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,771 Posts
When u stop at 40 houses and have to unlock each time it gets to be a pain in the ass.
Roll the windows on each side down and launch the paper frisbee style. With some practice and timing that paper route will be done in no time.

:2cents:

Reactions: FlomaxSS

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the issue with the doors locking once up to speed.. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to fix something that doesn't seem to be an issue since you can simply move your hand a few inches and press the unlock button anyways at anytime if someone needs to get in or out? Am I missing something? Wanting to be able to jump out at speed or something? Lol
If you dont have a answer, dont respond! Maybe he, like me, dont want all the actuators in the doors to wear out and then have to pay repair shop a $1000 to have them replaced every 3 years! Doors should only lock/unlock, when owner wants them too!!!

·
Lighter-than-you
TrailblazerSS
350 Posts
You are talking about deleting the body control module and re-wiring much of the interior. I rewired and re-pinned my entire 1SS harness to shave weight but I kept the body control module (just re-located) because otherwise I would have to run more heavier gauge wire to control what functions I wanted left.
So to answer your question.. Could it be re-wired to accomplish what you want? Yes, but not without eliminating the body control module. Would it be practical to remove bcm, make vehicle heavier and spend a lot of time doing so, for the reasons you listed? well that's a very subjective question that depends on the vehicle owner's level of OCD. Hey, most members on here think I'm crazy for going to the extremes I have to make a tbss lighter than a new camaro.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,534 Posts
Isn't it great when a new member uses his first post to comment on a 4 year old thread! I swear people don't bother to read these days and even if they read they don't comprehend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts