Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friends friend has a auto 6.0 gto with a intake and exhaust (not too sure about tune)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
your gonna get walked. same motor as your and your both basicly stock and he has a much lighter car..ls2 gtos do low low 13s stock

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
I think you'll beat him.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think im gonna beat him also....i think hes gonna spin away and ill be gone by the time he catches traction....at the track there were some m6 gtos doing 13.4 bolted on with slicks....from a roll i know itll be different but i guess well just have to see

·
Registered
9-7x Aero
189 Posts
Did this ever happen? I have both, completely stock, the gto definately pulls harded but if he cant hook well it will be a bad day for him. Mine is hit or miss with the stock tires. Depends on the temp.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no it still hasnt happened yet....my friend hasnt seen his boy from work since the last time....so im still waiting for him to call me when he sees him and hes ready

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
idk i still think i can take him....when i first got my truck and it was bone stock i raced a gto from a light and i didnt even know we were gonna race til he hit it first and i stayed right with him after he had jumped a car on me....dont know what if any mods they had or if it was auto or m6....but i guess well just have to see cuz im all anxious now

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
catch him from a dig because that is about the only way to even the playing field.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Your only hope is from a dig, even then.....get used to what a goat looks like from behind, lol. Even the slowest A4 04 auto I've seen runs better the 90% of the best running TBSS stock for stock.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well im not stock....and i think my truck runs pretty strong for what it gots especially here in AZ weather

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
you have a tune and a shitty intake. An LS2 GTO is going to rape you. It might be close through the 1/8, but after that he will freight train you.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
AZ weather:dunno: Are you both racing in AZ?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright i guess well just see when i run him....but then again when i do and IF i win then next thing u know im gonna hear " oh it was a crappy driver" or something else

as for AZ weather i meant with the heat soak from the heat cuz our trucks suffer alot from it (not sayin he wouldnt) but i know we get it bad

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im also goin off of racing my brothers 08 mustang gt/cs with full bolt ons....intake tune headers exhaust ud pulley PPTB coil packs and 4.10s....i beat him from a dig and from a roll i hung with him pretty close (within 1 to 1.5 cars)....and hes drug many of goats....just sayin but i guess well just have to see....im not sayin im gonna kill this guy i just think i can beat him

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
just run the guy and put it on video. There will always be someone who doubts the outcome of races. I get it alot on youtube with some of my videos. A win is a win no matter what in my book. Good luck and hopefully you pull the win off.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
im also goin off of racing my brothers 08 mustang gt/cs with full bolt ons....intake tune headers exhaust ud pulley PPTB coil packs and 4.10s....i beat him from a dig and from a roll i hung with him pretty close (within 1 to 1.5 cars)....and hes drug many of goats....just sayin but i guess well just have to see....im not sayin im gonna kill this guy i just think i can beat him
not bad driver. HORRIBLE DRIVER!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just run the guy and put it on video. There will always be someone who doubts the outcome of races. I get it alot on youtube with some of my videos. A win is a win no matter what in my book. Good luck and hopefully you pull the win off.

thank you dru atleast someone believes in me....and hey if i lose then i lose ill still post the video ASAP its still gonna be fun having a challenging race

u woulda thought i was postin this on a GTO forum or something LOL

·
Registered
973 Posts
GTO's are the most notorious LSX vehicle for heat soak, and I don't even want to hear it about AZ weather....its nice right now down there for these vehicles.

An 08 mustang GT/CS (CS stands for super queer appearance BTW) with the mods you described might be running what stock goats run. So hearing it "drug several goats" is pretty comical.

You also said he isn't stock.....so you have similiar mods, running in similiar weather....and you still think you're going to beat him? Please video tape the run, I'm betting the goat puts a pretty good hurtin' on you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts