Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Herr Bleifuss
Trailblazer SS
180 Posts
there is a crap load in Europe not offered here, never understood why. Australia has some sick V8's, Pontiac would of reigned had they brought any Holden model here.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they sold the M5 Estate here I might have to rob a few people to get one. Even the Audi RS6 Estate, I have a soft spot for wagons.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
I agree with you on the wagons, I love them too, but you are terribly wrong if you think the G8 was 'off'.....I don't agree at all.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
I read in GM hi-tech magazine that there is a replacement for the G8 coming out toward the end of summer. It's got something to do with the Holden series.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss
2,341 Posts
I read in GM hi-tech magazine that there is a replacement for the G8 coming out toward the end of summer. It's got something to do with the Holden series.
I believe it's going to be the caprice but I could b wrong

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
I believe it's going to be the caprice but I could b wrong
Thats coming out too. The Chevy "SS" sedan as they call it uses the same platform as the Holden Commadore. I don't know if those vehicles are one in the same. Between August 11 and January '12. Either way it'll be LS powered.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,061 Posts
Nothing wrong with the G8 at all, you just need to mod it like you do the TBSS.

________
PREGNANT INTERRACIAL

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Nothing wrong with the G8 at all, you just need to mod it like you do the TBSS.

You had to do it didn't you. This car is one of the reasons I was thinking about trading the SS for a G8 a while back. I talked myself out of it and here you go again:fist:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My intentions weren't to bash the G8, it's an awesome car, just IMHO I don't like it as a Pontiac per say and I have mixed feelings about the new Caprice not following its lineage (i.e. body on frame). Darkside, your G8/HSV looks sick.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,061 Posts
I haven't followed the new 'caprice' that might be available to the public. I know the new cruisers are a bit different than the G8's. I believe they are another foot or 1 1/2 ft longer and sort of bland. No doubt that they get some nicer cars overseas, even the Fords.
________
Girlfriend Deepthroat

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
The Aussies know cars. They aren't one of those front wheel drive loving nations!

The Zeta Platform is (from what I hear) a well developed and multi-functional chassis. From our Camaro and G8 to their Commodore/Calais/Sport Wagon and the Holden Statesmen (new Caprice), its ability to be 'grown' to the need is pretty cool.

I like the HSV versions way better than the regular commodore (what the U.S. got). They should have just skipped right to the point and pushed the HSV line to the U.S.! Of course that price point would have been in the BMW M3 or MB C63 range I'm sure. For the price the G8 came in at, I think it was a good bargain. To bad 1. it didn't sell phenomenally and 2. the whole GM fiasco.

I think Australia actually got a few G8 fronts (minus the Pontiac arrow) and slapped them on the Commodore as a 'special edition' or something this past year. Hope no one needs new bumpers!

Current HSV line:
http://www.hsv.com.au/e3/home/

Current Holden line:
http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles

I must say I like the older model HSV line a little better...I don't care for the newly raked front ends, or the (to me) overdone rears quite as much.

The W427 with the LS7 is sweet, and I wish the Coupe 60 would have seen the light of day.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
The Aussies know cars. They aren't one of those front wheel drive loving nations!

The Zeta Platform is (from what I hear) a well developed and multi-functional chassis. From our Camaro and G8 to their Commodore/Calais/Sport Wagon and the Holden Statesmen (new Caprice), its ability to be 'grown' to the need is pretty cool.

I like the HSV versions way better than the regular commodore (what the U.S. got). They should have just skipped right to the point and pushed the HSV line to the U.S.! Of course that price point would have been in the BMW M3 or MB C63 range I'm sure. For the price the G8 came in at, I think it was a good bargain. To bad 1. it didn't sell phenomenally and 2. the whole GM fiasco.

I think Australia actually got a few G8 fronts (minus the Pontiac arrow) and slapped them on the Commodore as a 'special edition' or something this past year. Hope no one needs new bumpers!

Current HSV line:
http://www.hsv.com.au/e3/home/

Current Holden line:
http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles

I must say I like the older model HSV line a little better...I don't care for the newly raked front ends, or the (to me) overdone rears quite as much.

The W427 with the LS7 is sweet, and I wish the Coupe 60 would have seen the light of day.

Maybe that will change now that GM seems to be back on their feet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts