Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
Black '06 2WD
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...screw you all! :fist:

Just got the first real snow in Kansas City. My 2wd liked it for the first half inch and then TC/Stabilitrak got a work out!

It's still coming down, too. Pics and a vid to come!

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
i have an AWD and it doesnt make too much of a difference in the snow. makes me wish i just had gotten the 2 wheel drive in the first place cause its prob not much worse

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
AWD makes all the difference, especially when you get a new winter setup like me... 18 x 8.5 rims with 265/60R18's... I was driving like a tank two weeks ago when we got over 30" of snow here in central Jersey...

i have an AWD and it doesnt make too much of a difference in the snow. makes me wish i just had gotten the 2 wheel drive in the first place cause its prob not much worse

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
my AWD w/ the stock rsa's can hold its own in the snow from what i've seen these past two snowstorms

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
It all depends on how much tread you have left....

I only have 10,600 miles on my RSA's, and they have handled GREAT in the snow...

I only got snow tires and rims because I'm planning on getting my rims chromed, and I don't want to run around the snow and salt with chromed stockers....

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
If you drive it daily in the bad weather,the stock TB wheels and a quality set of snow tires makes all the difference.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
307 Posts
AWD and Toyo ST2 FTW

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,061 Posts
I'll challenge any rwd TBSS in a race in the snow. Bring your Blizzaks, chains, whatever; you'd get smoked against an awd with any tires that aren't bald.
________
CL77

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
I'll challenge any rwd TBSS in a race in the snow. Bring your Blizzaks, chains, whatever; you'd get smoked against an awd with any tires that aren't bald.
I'd take that bet! I've seen AWD'S in action in the snow and the wide tires are like ski's. Two wheels in snow w/ performance tires suck! What difference does it make if you have four? Snow tires are way different than all season tires! I have Blizzaks on my TBSS and my CTS-v.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
I only run General's all seasons in the winter on the 17" steelies and it handles great in the snow (no issues to date) and still allows for some fun.. :biggrin2:

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
As much as I love 2wd, AWD kick ass in the snow!! My G/F has an AWD Jag that is unstoppable in the snow!!

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
I'm still waiting for a snow fall that will keep me from doing the posted speed limit.:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
My nitto 420's and AWD do pretty good here in MN. Could be a lot worse. Not a replacement for snow tires though.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts