Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3ss AWD 90k on the clock. Back in March was driving and had the nasty "Check Tire Monitor" Lights pop on.. Lost my rear wiper, keyless entry, etc... Did some research and of course lift gate module. No big deal.

Took my car into the dealer and sure enough LGM.. 570 bucks and a day later I am on my way. Sucks but I am fine...

Couple weeks later I am driving and I hit a bump and bam.. "Check tire monitor" stays on for 3 minutes goes off.. 10 minutes later back on.. same symptoms. back to the dealer again.

Fast forward to 3 MORE DEALERSHIP VISITS LATER..

Still having the same issue and they are now telling me there is a short in the harness when they have told me previous it all checks out etc. Basically it seems like a loose wire and the tech told me there is a connector under the passenger back seat that is what is "loose" and causing bad connections causing the data transfer to be lost and the light to come on and off when i hit bumps etc.. I do lost all those functions listed above when this happens.

Now they want another 500 dollars to START to attempt to find something in the harness.. I am calling bullshit. I paid 600 dollars for them to fix the LGM which "may or may not have been the actual problem" and now they want more money to "look farther into it" I have a feeling they have looked at it 3 times already, still can't figure out the actual problem and just want more money though they "thought" they fixed it the first time.

I am just trying to figure out what my options are with this..because I have paid them 600 bucks and still have a broken truck.

I'll keep the dealer name out of it but I really haven't ever had an issue with them until now and never heard horror stories from them either. I am in the Chicagoland area.

·
Registered
Silver 07 AWD 3SS
329 Posts
I've developed the same sporadic "check tire monitor" issue. I was thinking it might be the TPMS but this harness possibility is interesting. I need to get mine into the shop but have been procrastinating.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know.. car is at the dealer. I am more concerned at my options on how to deal with them or basically telling them that I've already paid and nothing has been done.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked didn't see anything and the tech also had looked the first and second time allegedly and said it was ok

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 07
286 Posts
I've looked didn't see anything and the tech also had looked the first and second time allegedly and said it was ok
I had the same problems you are having and it was the liftgate wires in the boot. I had two broken wires where the insulation was not broken or damaged in any way but the conductors were completely broken. I got a new liftgate plug which had about 10" of wire and spliced it in leaving a little extra in the headliner so it wasn't pulled so tight. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problems you are having and it was the liftgate wires in the boot. I had two broken wires where the insulation was not broken or damaged in any way but the conductors were completely broken. I got a new liftgate plug which had about 10" of wire and spliced it in leaving a little extra in the headliner so it wasn't pulled so tight. Hope this helps.
I might go try that.. Where did you source the liftgate plug? just a junkyard?

Went to the dealer today and they said it is in the "body harness" as they claim and would probably be a minimum of 10 hours labor etc to find this "short"..

I kept my cool with them but was just really pissed that 600 bucks later I still have the same problem. It's not the money just the principal of the misdiagnosis then them trying to get me to shell out even more cash.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 07
286 Posts
I might go try that.. Where did you source the liftgate plug? just a junkyard?

Got it new from the dealer. I think the plug itself if fairly common to many GM cars/trucks. It came with wire pigtails about 10-12" long so it was perfect to cut the old one off and splice the new one in with extra length so it's not stretched so tight.

Went to the dealer today and they said it is in the "body harness" as they claim and would probably be a minimum of 10 hours labor etc to find this "short"..

The plug end I got from the dealer is on the body harness not the liftgate harness.
Sorry TBSSOWNERS.COM
Here is a helpful link.
How To FIX Spliced Wires in TB LiftGate Module?!? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

·
Registered
1949 TrailblazerSS
31 Posts
I have seen problems with the lift gate module, the connector at the module, wires in the boot being broken, and the connector between the body and lift gate. I would ask the service manager if they can fix it for free if the module was not the actual cause. Next time ask to keep your old parts, then they could always put the old module back in and see what happens. I should have any wiring or connectors you may need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts