Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My thoughts and prayers for those where were killed or injured. I hope the Senator makes a good recovery.

"TUCSON - The Pima County Sheriff's Office has released the identities of the six people killed in this morning's tragic shooting.

-John Roll, 63, a federal district court judge.

-Gabriel Zimmerman, 30, Giffords' director of community outreach

-Dorwin Stoddard, 76, a pastor at Mountain Ave. Church of Christ.

-Christina Greene, 9, a student at Mesa Verde Elementary

-Dorthy Murray, 76

-Phyllis Scheck, 79
Now, What do you all think about the media gossip here that's totally fucking stupid?

Shortly after the shooting Dem. state senator Linda Lopez made the comment that it was probably carried out by a tea party or Afghan war veteran.

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.c...ep-linda-lopez-blames-tea-party-for-shooting/

The Army confirmed that he was disqualified for being able to serve...he was never in the military or the tea party. Not only that but his friends described
him as a pothead liberal.

I hope someone takes Linda Lopez to task for being so stupid and political, but it probably will not happen. Her statement already gave fuel to the gun control crowd. Reality is, had there been more people there with CCW permits...less people would have been killed.

Question is: What kind of idiocracy will we see in the media about 'gun control' now?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
My thoughts and prayers for those where were killed or injured. I hope the Senator makes a good recovery.

Now, What do you all think about the media gossip here that's totally fucking stupid?

Shortly after the shooting Dem. state senator Linda Lopez made the comment that it was probably carried out by a tea party or Afghan war veteran.

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.co...-for-shooting/

The Army confirmed that he was disqualified for being able to serve...he was never in the military or the tea party. Not only that but his friends described
him as a pothead liberal.

I hope someone takes Linda Lopez to task for being so stupid and political, but it probably will not happen. Her statement already gave fuel to the gun control crowd. Reality is, had there been more people there with CCW permits...less people would have been killed.

Question is: What kind of idiocracy will we see in the media about 'gun control' now?
WE as a society lack the maturity as a species to have guns in this country. Thousands die each year. At the hands of people who have never should have access and at the hands sometimes of people who" seemed normal enough ". I don't want to take away peoples rights but, it used to be a right to have and own slaves in this country. I have been shot at and have been through the experience of trying to stop the bleeding from a through and through neck wound suffered by a friend of mine. He survived and went on to serve in the Army at Camp Freedom in Iraq. He came home after a tour without a scratch thankfully. But the gangbanger who did the shooting got away and was never identified or charged. But none of us had the brain power to think to get a license plate # because we were to busy drinking. And the owner of the house is a card carrying member of the NRA and had several weapons at his disposal to return fire. However by the time all was said and done, it all happened to fast. Just as well, being drunk and trying to fire a weapon in self defense on a public street isn't a good idea anyway. I've managed to survive 41 years without a gun. I think I can eek out another 25 or so just the same. The most effective solution to the problem is the easiest. Stiffer laws and penalties just don't seem to work, do they? luckily we've got lots of places to bury our dead until we get it all worked out.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims but here's the reality of it...people are getting sick and tired of the BS spewing from the politicians mouths. No matter how many vote guess what our voice doesnt seem to be heard. This is a democracy but only when they want it to be.
When it comes to gun control out here in AZ, its like the wild west. You can open carry basically anywhere and concealed carry almost anywhere. The liberal fn hippies like to go hi and to the right about guns when something like this happens but that doesnt do anything but piss off the legal owners. And all the rights we all ejoy are protected by young men and women with guns so...enough ranting

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
The most effective solution to the problem is the easiest. Stiffer laws and penalties just don't seem to work, do they? luckily we've got lots of places to bury our dead until we get it all worked out.
We don't have stiff laws and penalties, THAT is the problem. Because of the same people that want to limit our constitutionally given access to guns, the liberals (which you seem to be). They stop things like public hangings, cutting off hands for thievery, etc.... those are stiff penalties. No where what we have currrently.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Gun laws have nothing to do with this... gun control is the problem as those who want to defend themselves get restricted, those who will do bad don't care. Not to mention, this is just one wack job. My sympathy to the vicitms.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
We don't have stiff laws and penalties, THAT is the problem. Because of the same people that want to limit our constitutionally given access to guns, the liberals (which you seem to be). They stop things like public hangings, cutting off hands for thievery, etc.... those are stiff penalties. No where what we have currrently.
for once..:iamwithstupid:

if people were made examples of for things like this, this shit wouldnt happen

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
307 Posts
Exactly. We don't need more laws. We need stricter punishment of the ones we already have. There is too many useless laws that only affect the people who obey them.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
490 Posts
"Take away guns and you will be left with only criminals having guns" That is a fact that nobody can intelligently deny

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
That's interesting....
A) the link doesn't work :missing: and
B) the relatively comprehensive profile of the killer from the 'mainstream' media him shows a different profile of someone who ranted about Immigration Laws, people who don't speak English, border patrol, the loss of property rights, and being perceived as a "terrorist".

I know a few potheads, and many are liberal, but I've NEVER heard them on their worst hit sound like that. :wtf:

Granted... "A 22-year-old woman in Arizona, Caitie Parker, claimed on her Twitter feed that she went to high school and college with the gunman, and was in a band with him. She described his politics in the past as "left wing, quite liberal, & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy." She also described him as having a lot of friends "until he got alcohol poisoning in '06" and dropped out of school. "Mainly loner very philosophical."

A 22 year old girl's Twitter post is hardly reputable psychological profiling source.

The killing is a tragedy, and rather than seeming thoughtful and remorseful of the victims, it, this thread sounds more like an low blow opportunist political spin effort.
:bsflag:

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's interesting....
A) the link doesn't work :missing: and
Well, excuse the hell out of me. LINK FIXED
B) the relatively comprehensive profile of the killer from the 'mainstream' media him shows a different profile of someone who ranted about Immigration Laws, people who don't speak English, border patrol, the loss of property rights, and being perceived as a "terrorist".

I know a few potheads, and many are liberal, but I've NEVER heard them on their worst hit sound like that. :wtf:

Granted... "A 22-year-old woman in Arizona, Caitie Parker, claimed on her Twitter feed that she went to high school and college with the gunman, and was in a band with him. She described his politics in the past as "left wing, quite liberal, & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy." She also described him as having a lot of friends "until he got alcohol poisoning in '06" and dropped out of school. "Mainly loner very philosophical."
Now were getting somehwere...until you spouted the rest of that crap below:

A 22 year old girl's Twitter post is hardly reputable psychological profiling source.

The killing is a tragedy, and rather than seeming thoughtful and remorseful of the victims, it, this thread sounds more like an low blow opportunist political spin effort.
:bsflag:

So, do you have any personal reason to dispute the girls post? (You do not have to answer that, as you are a liberal we already know the response you have will be to criticise and tear down and even lie about anything that does not agree with your view)

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2007 Black TBSS
2,687 Posts
WE as a society lack the maturity as a species to have guns in this country. Thousands die each year. At the hands of people who have never should have access and at the hands sometimes of people who" seemed normal enough ". I don't want to take away peoples rights but, it used to be a right to have and own slaves in this country. I have been shot at and have been through the experience of trying to stop the bleeding from a through and through neck wound suffered by a friend of mine. He survived and went on to serve in the Army at Camp Freedom in Iraq. He came home after a tour without a scratch thankfully. But the gangbanger who did the shooting got away and was never identified or charged. But none of us had the brain power to think to get a license plate # because we were to busy drinking. And the owner of the house is a card carrying member of the NRA and had several weapons at his disposal to return fire. However by the time all was said and done, it all happened to fast. Just as well, being drunk and trying to fire a weapon in self defense on a public street isn't a good idea anyway. I've managed to survive 41 years without a gun. I think I can eek out another 25 or so just the same. The most effective solution to the problem is the easiest. Stiffer laws and penalties just don't seem to work, do they? luckily we've got lots of places to bury our dead until we get it all worked out.
Thousands more people are killed in car accidents, guess we shouldnt have those either, we are too immature as a species to learn how to do that corretcly too. Driving isnt even a right gaurnteed in the Constitution, yet I dont see people calling for the banning of cars.

How bout we get rid of the 1st and 4th amendments too. Ahh Fuck it, just burn the constiution while your at it

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
:popcorn3: for the polical bickering.
this is a very unfortunant event, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Maybe YOU lack the maturity, but YOU can not speak for the rest of us.

What, in your opinion, is that 'solution'?
I never claimed nor would I have the arrogance to attempt to speak for everyone. It's just one mans educated opinion. Granted it's from only one side of the barrel.

·
Premium Member
'08 SRX V-6 AWD
2,767 Posts
It stands to reason that the demunists would wish to overlook the fact that this guy is one of their own. Probably a registered voter for the left.
It matters not at all to me what they think about people who are capable of thinking for themselves. They can feel free to pass any laws they wish to try to circumvent the Bill of Rights since there is nothing they can do to make me give up my protection as long as I'm alive.
The answer to the problem is clearly to eliminate the killer permanently and by this I don't mean providing him shelter and three squares for the next forty years.
:argue2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
It stands to reason that the demunists would wish to overlook the fact that this guy is one of their own. Probably a registered voter for the left.
It matters not at all to me what they think about people who are capable of thinking for themselves. They can feel free to pass any laws they wish to try to circumvent the Bill of Rights since there is nothing they can do to make me give up my protection as long as I'm alive.
The answer to the problem is clearly to eliminate the killer permanently and by this I don't mean providing him shelter and three squares for the next forty years.
:argue2:
What though do we do to deter the criminal who is not at all afraid of death? Such as the shooter whom often times commits suicide at the end of so many mass shootings. I don't know of any regulations that would deter someone who is willing to give his/her life so freely to do wrong. How do we balance those who hold the right to bear arms so dear with those who are indifferent to that one and only right?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
I don't claim to be liberal. I don't know what to consider myself to be. However I'm not against public hangings really. I just think that it's too broad of a sword to be used as an absolute punishment. Here Illinois they as you may or may not know repealed the death penalty. There were so many wrongly convicted individuals on death row it was staggering. Those poor people lost all their rights and years of productive lives from a broken system. However countries with public execusions and cutting off hands do have a very low crime rate don't they.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What though do we do to deter the criminal who is not at all afraid of death?

This is not a new scenario or novel line of thought on your behalf, it's a fact of life. There is only one way to deal with someone like that, short answer: Kill him before he kills you. How? By securing your right to protect yourself, that's how.

Gun rights are not to protect criminals...it's about preventing innocent people from becoming victims.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts