Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 RWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed I’m getting a lot of replies to a WTB post from people who seem to be new members with no real replies. Or they only have a wtb post themselves. Are people searching forums to scam wtb posts? This is the only forum I’m on. If so what’s the best way to spot these people?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
I get scam call's and email two or three times a week. I have seen them on this forum before. Just be very aware and you can usually tell them when you seem them.

·
Registered
2007 RWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get all the usual scam emails and calls. This is the first time I have seen people trolling forums in search of wtb adds. Then join the forum in order to send scam info to the purchaser.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,127 Posts
Happens alot that's why the rules are here "rarely followed" 50 posts to sell something, Must have pic with date name etc..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,610 Posts
Happens alot that's why the rules are here "rarely followed" 50 posts to sell something, Must have pic with date name etc..
We used to have moderators to enforce the rules. I don't think the current owner gives a shit.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
302 Posts
I get this on OfferUp (a local sales site) all the time. They are low-Lifes looking to harvest your mobile number so as to sell it to telemarketing brokers. Pennies on the dollar but I guess its all about mass quantity. Check and see for yourself......respond to them and that will be the first thing they ask for (your number) supposedly so as to communicate easier. Once you divulge the number you'll not hear from them again (you've alreadybeen victimized). Only way to spot em is to check their stats before responding. Keep in miind though that ther ARE legit new mwmbers out there, so be careful before pouncing. I've sent out a few "FU" responses to innocent people myself....quite embarrasing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts