Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
07 Black 2WD
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To all the members running the LS1 setup. Are the fans able to keep the temps within a reasonable range? With the stock fan it got up to 219 at one time on the aeroforce gauge. Reason I'm asking is that I have the efans w/ harness, CAI and PCM4Less tuned computers ready to go. One of the local guys here suggested I hold off..I'm kinda leaning that way but I'm just itching to put it all on. Quess I could try it and if it doesn't work put it back to stock. BTW I'm in the DFW area and Hell can have its weather back.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
Mine runs hotter with LS1 fans

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
I have had zero cooling problems here in MD. Its been 100 degrees the last two weeks and I stay below 200. While in traffic I have only seen it reach 208 on my Dash Hawk. My second fan has not had to come on even in traffic.

·
Hater
Duh
9,218 Posts
I have had zero cooling problems here in MD. Its been 100 degrees the last two weeks and I stay below 200. While in traffic I have only seen it reach 208 on my Dash Hawk. My second fan has not had to come on even in traffic.
Same here in MI. Although both of
My fans run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
I have 160 stat, settings modified in HPTuners and absolutely no air in system and if I run with my AC on the temperature gets way about acceptable, I don't have my Dashhawk on right now but the factory gauge read about 230 today so I shut the air off and it was 102 degrees out.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Don't know why your friend would tell you to hold off!:dunno:It free's up some HP and you get alittle better mpg. I've had mine now for over 2yrs without a problem.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
I have 160 stat, settings modified in HPTuners and absolutely no air in system and if I run with my AC on the temperature gets way about acceptable, I don't have my Dashhawk on right now but the factory gauge read about 230 today so I shut the air off and it was 102 degrees out.
I have this problem as well

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Just got back from a drive to San Diego and overheated twice (230-ish). Once while beating it up the mountains in 110 degrees and the other was today sitting at a check point in 112 degrees.

What are the thoughts on PCM4less' Big fan kit??? Will that help?

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
Well shit, billy...I might just hold off until I get back east before I put mine on since we are having issues out here in AZ

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
I have LS1 fans in Houston. Trust me the fans will not keep us cool with this Texas Heat in stop and go traffic. As long as I am moving the fans keep it cool but lately 210-220 has been the norm with an occasional 225 or so which quickly comes down after we get moving again. I think we need more CFM to cool these big bastards.

let me add that I do have an SLP under drive pulley which probably plays a part of it as well.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Just got back from a drive to San Diego and overheated twice (230-ish). Once while beating it up the mountains in 110 degrees and the other was today sitting at a check point in 112 degrees.

What are the thoughts on PCM4less' Big fan kit??? Will that help?
Going uphill in 110 degree weather and getting quite hot is more of an indication you need a better radiator, IMO.

That being said, these engines can take that kind of heat, though it's not great.

Have you tried cutting down the percentage of dex-cool? What about one of the water additives (Redline or others)?

I have yet to get my 18" fan on full speed, as I am a bit nervous about the current draw on the wiring I am using now, but I think it'll be ok since the wires are relatively short.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts