Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a Gibson cat back with gutted cat converters. Sounds great imo. Not very loud or droney but mean as Hell when wot. I don't know if I would want it any louder being it's my daily driver. I really want to add headers performance wise just don't know how much louder it's going to get. Opinions?

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Headers will make it louder , but with a catted y pipe it ahould tone down a little. You can always add a resonator inline on the exhaust.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Do you plan on running a catted Y with headers or ORY? If you already have gutted cats, headers alone wouldn't make too much difference in the VOLUME of sound.

·
NE TBSS
TrailblazerSS
1,128 Posts
I have the Stainless works Headers and true dual exhaust system with cats and if you ask me it should have been what came on the truck. No drone, nice modest rumble, but man when you hit!

·
Premium Member
08 trailblazer SS
3,614 Posts
You maybe local to me so if you wanna check mine out sometime let me know. I DD mine, have been for the last 5 years with long tubes, no cats into corsa touring. Cammed it after the first year. For me its not that loud until I get over 3 thousand rpm, then it starts to scream.
Idle video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEJ5xamtQM

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do plan on getting a catted version if I decide to add the headers. I also thought of possibly adding a resonator in if need be.

No sound clips as of now but I can make one and post it up.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,554 Posts
If you keep cats it should be fine. Headers usually make it more throaty/aggressive and slightly louder, but it's not that bad. With an off road pipe I'm not a huge fan personally.

·
not fast enough
TrailblazerSS
1,099 Posts
no.
I daily drive mine with pacesetter's

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Punch it!
2008 AWD TBSS
5,639 Posts
Not in my opinion.

I’m running Kook’s 1 7/8, off road Y pipe through a Magna flow system.
It’s relatively quiet during normal driving & a nice LS2 rumble when I’m on the gas.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run Pacesetters, pacesetter y pipe, and the full Magnaflow exhaust on mine (403 stroker with both mufflers that come with the kit) and the sound is amazing. I daily drive mine and literally get compliments every day about how great my truck sounds. It screams under wot but a low, throaty rumble when cruising. Truly the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
I have catted xs headers with slp dual kit and its "quiet" at idle but when i open it up it screams. Normal driving though I wouldn't call it too loud.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the input guys. I see that XS is having a group sale price right now so Im going to order the catted headers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts