Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people say cut outs will make more power and maybe mine did when Alvin dynoed it but at the track has anyone noticed a time difference? I noticed a time differnce over it open and closed. CLOSED WAS FASTER!!! So are cuts outs just a noise maker of do they really work?

Id like to know what the rest of yall think?

·
The Brazilian one.
2006 & 2007 TBSS
879 Posts
I think myself they are more of a noisy maker when you are not pushing a whole lot of power. I can't try this with my truck because it's awd but a local guy on a vette made more power with his halfway open, rather than fully open or closed. I've tried this method at the track but I'm still trying to get my best time out of my truck so my times are still all messed up

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
I've seen them pick up even bolt on trucks 10 rwhp. It might have just been a fluke on the psses

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen them pick up even bolt on trucks 10 rwhp. It might have just been a fluke on the psses
yea maybe so i dont know. I ran 2 passes with it open and 1 with it closed. the closed one was only faster by 4 100ths. That why I wondered if they really help cause to me it looked like a toss up.

I know your sure can scare the hell out of people and they stare at you at a red light when it they hear it cammin.

Dont get me wrong I like mine but just wonder if there was a performace gain from it

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
It will also depend where they are put, because exhaust length matters in making power in certain parts of the powerband usually you'll want it to be 12-14" away from the collector to have it help increase power.
If it's not then the only other way it will help if your exhaust system is restrictive.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
I usually pick up a tenth and 1 mph with mine open. That was with the stock y-pipe with cats removed. Not sure how it will do with the new 3" catless ADM y-pipe I have.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
I have the badlanz and I don't go to the track (yet) so I can't say how much more it's help me but it does feel abit more beefy but I used more for car shows and noise making

1 - 9 of 9 Posts