Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a simple question, and do the gen III aluminum 5.3s without dod have a spot on the side of the block for knock sensors?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gen 3's do not have a spot for the knock....That's what really makes a Gen3 and Gen4 different. If its a Gen3....Its got Valley knocks Im pretty positive. The other question I do not know.
I know that, I guess I should have said do the have the lil blocks that you can drill/tap for the sensors like the iron blocks do.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Easier to weld a nut to the block and shorten LS2 bolts via grinder. Just heat block with propand torch before welding or it will most likely crack.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easier to weld a nut to the block and shorten LS2 bolts via grinder. Just heat block with propand torch before welding or it will most likely crack.
Aluminum block Walter.....

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
I think you can drill and Tap Jay.....BUT.....BUT....it doesn't really matter anyway from what tuners say as if its not where GM "Designed" it it will read off anyway. I know with the Holley I have to "TUNE" the sensors even on a factory harness and location. Hard to find gen 3 aluminum blocks anyway other than LS1....Unless you stumbled into some stash, which would not surprise me with you. Be good info to know though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All gen IV 5.3 (07+ , not including 07 classic) in fullsize trucks are 58x. The Gen 3 ran to 06 in trucks and 07 classic and is 24x
So the next question is can you bore an aluminum one to a ls1 piston?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
Has anyone done this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts