711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 year old sighting in the big gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
140 Posts
Is he a lefty, or just taking a peek? I write left handed, but taught myself to shoot right handed with a rifle and hand gun as well.
Very cool to have them involved at such a young age!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is a lefty, but has never shot a gun of any kind and I will not let him do so until he is about 12. We have been going out to the ranch since before he was born. He has been around the hunting environment since he was 1.
The best education for the next generation is the understanding and respect for weapons as they are not toys. Now, my 6 year old is a different story.:D

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
751 Posts
If he does shoot it he is going to have one serious black eye..

How do you like your AR-50? I love mine but am looking for a Barrett M107. Semi is way more fun..

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Man...even at 12, do you think he would have enough shoulder to fire that thing more than once?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
140 Posts
As my 12 year old and I were unlaoding the truck at the range, I asked him if he wanted to shoot the Saiga. He said sure, no problem. I told him that I'd put a few rounds through first. (not the first time he's seen the gun shot) Yeah, I don't think so was his reponse. That was that. No pressure from me. Although, I will have the video camera at th ready when he says yes. If you trust him, and I'm sure you do, let him make the call...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
751 Posts
my boy is only 4 now. When he is older I will let him shoot what ever he want as long as I am with him and it is safe. But will not pressure him.

I have seen some parents pressure their kids to shoot and they get scared and never want to shoot again.
Not a good way to get new people into the sport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts