Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which heater did you use?? I am looking at a reznor hanging model.

Also how are operating cost? Any info welcomed!

·
MILFs dont drive minivans
07 TrailblazerSS
6,884 Posts
idk what its called, but my husband has one that hangs from the garage ceiling and he loves it. heats up fast and based off what he tells me, operating costs aren't too bad... but in the winter he has it on for about 5-6 hrs at a time, maybe 3-4 times a week

Plus, I like it better than the propane one he used to have cause I can hang out in the garage with him and not get all fumed out

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
I work for Modine (Powertrain cooling division), but we also sell garage heaters. I don't have one yet and I don't know much about them, but every one of my coworkers that has one loves it. Our line is called HotDawg. They make several different sizes with different options.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah man I have hear dof the brand...tryin to find something on craigslist...are you able to get any good deals?

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
Anthony....

I had a heated garage in every place I've ever lived when I lived in Alaska. I cannot say what the model was but I can tell you it was run from gas. It cost about 5 bucks more a month to heat the garage to 38 degrees. Now keep in mind when it was 20 degrees or colder 38 felt awesome. If we worked in the garage we'd bump it to like 45-50 and it wasn't that much of a difference.

I seriously LOVE the heated garage and I miss having a garage period. I will say it's the best investment for a garage. :)

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Do you have insulated doors or door? that makes a difference.

Forget it in MI you gonna wax that truck in Jan/Feb?

·
SCSS
Saab 97-x
155 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Do you have insulated doors or door? that makes a difference.

Forget it in MI you gonna wax that truck in Jan/Feb?

If you're talking to me....yes, I have insulated doors, as well as a weather seal type sealing system that connects the garage doors to the floor when they're closed. It's a cool little set-up actually. It just looks like a thick piece of weatherstripping on the garage floor that the bottom of the garage door meets when it closes, and forms a tight seal.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Mine is heated from April through November. Naturally :rofl:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,422 Posts
I usually keep the SS running to heat up the garage. Just that after a couple minutes I tend to get lightheaded. :dunno:

·
Registered
06&07TrailblazerSS's
271 Posts
I have a two door brick garage with heavy duty wood doors. I put a hanging style 2 speed heater( I think I got it from Ace or Lowes) it keeps the garage about 10 to 15 degrees warmer then outside. It is electric so you don't need to vent it. I live in Michigan and like to work on my toys with the heat and Tv on. I noticed a little higher electric bill but not bad. It also is on a swivel and tilts in a variety of angles.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
If you're talking to me....yes, I have insulated doors, as well as a weather seal type sealing system that connects the garage doors to the floor when they're closed. It's a cool little set-up actually. It just looks like a thick piece of weatherstripping on the garage floor that the bottom of the garage door meets when it closes, and forms a tight seal.
Actually...Anthony

·
QWK TBSS
TrailblazerSS
545 Posts
Well, here's the problem, If you don't have a gas-line or a 220v in your garage your gonna have to run one out there..

This alone gets pricey, If you do then you can use any one really..

If you don't, but bother with the electric ones, they will not heat up your garage.. What i have is a propane bullet style one and this thing works great for my use..

Now i don't have it on unless im out there working, and when i do i go out 10min before and start it up, bad side of this is the smell and its kinda loud.

on the 10degree days i can get my garage up to about 50 in about 15mins..Like mike also said if your walls and doors are not insulated, then start there 1st..

I have the walls, the main door and the side door insulated in mine and that alone made a differnce.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
I work for Modine (Powertrain cooling division), but we also sell garage heaters. I don't have one yet and I don't know much about them, but every one of my coworkers that has one loves it. Our line is called HotDawg. They make several different sizes with different options.
I've got the HDS75- Separated Combustion Hot Dawg and couldn't be happier. It draws air from outside for the combustion chamber so you won't get head aches being in there too long. It's quiet, efficient, and heats 1200 sq. ft. garage with ease, even at -10 F. Best price at the time was http://store.h-mac.com/index.html

1 - 20 of 32 Posts