Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone to tint my tails locally, I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping or anything like that. Obviously looking for them to be professionally done, not using that VHT crap. I'm located around the O'Hare area...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Just a suggestion but don't go too dark and leave the reverse lights clear and don't paint the reflectors. Not saying it looks bad at all just that some of the local PD really hate tinted tails and no reflectors makes it a lot harder to talk your way out of a ticket. But, it's your ride do what ya want.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Do you put a coat of clear on it last. The last ones I did I put some black in the clear then followed that with just clear so sand out any future scratches with out changing the tinted thickness.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im a bodyman/painter of 20yrs and i did mine, ill post some pics for ya
here we go

let me know what you want to do
How much for both tail lights (reverse clear), 3rd light, and reflectors?

Just a suggestion but don't go too dark and leave the reverse lights clear and don't paint the reflectors. Not saying it looks bad at all just that some of the local PD really hate tinted tails and no reflectors makes it a lot harder to talk your way out of a ticket. But, it's your ride do what ya want.
I don't think I want to go black, probably a dark medium. I DO how ever want the reflectors painted black, they're ugly IMO.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
i had mine done locally at Royal Coach in bartlett... they came out awesome...

basically a tinted clear coat.

these are before i had the 3rd light done...

they are just dark enough to be noticed, but not dark enough to become a problem with visability....

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Jon- Just an FYI there's ALOT of places that tint these things in IL. Just call up some local glass tinting places and ask if they do tail lights, 3rd brake lights, etc. I know when I was looking for someone to do mine alot of places said they would tint those things for me too. Good luck :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had mine done locally at Royal Coach in bartlett... they came out awesome...

basically a tinted clear coat.

these are before i had the 3rd light done...

they are just dark enough to be noticed, but not dark enough to become a problem with visability....
Those look great! Closest RC is about 10 miles from me, not too bad. I'll give them a call and see what they can do.

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
i would like to know what that place charges, just curious, and we dont tint the clear coat, never is a clear coat tinted, all i do is over reduce the base coat, if its black or whatever color ya want, 2 coats of clear and boom done!!!

if ya want my price pm me for that

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
what john charged me is between me and john.

John has been doing my families cars for over 30 years... and mine for the last 20.

jon, when you call the bartlett shop, ask for john and let him know i sent you. his son is a member here as well (venomblue22)

my girlfriends 07 red jewel ss is also there currently getting some work and goodies done... cant wait to get it back.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what john charged me is between me and john.

John has been doing my families cars for over 30 years... and mine for the last 20.

jon, when you call the bartlett shop, ask for john and let him know i sent you. his son is a member here as well (venomblue22)

my girlfriends 07 red jewel ss is also there currently getting some work and goodies done... cant wait to get it back.
I believe I found someone who wants to trade tail lights, if not I'll give them a call :)

You sayin my truck is ugly motherfucker?!?!:rofl:
Yup, its as ugly as mine with those reflectors! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Nope. Comp grey 22's add class.............and knock 3 seconds off my quarter mile times. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope. Comp grey 22's add class.............and knock 3 seconds off my quarter mile times. :rofl:
22's give you a bigger dick, so I applaud you for that. Knock or add? ^69

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Add. If memory serve they're heavier than the stockers, but I don't care.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Add. If memory serve they're heavier than the stockers, but I don't care.
I still didn't forget, you know I still want them right? :asshole: One day I will own them (even if I have to steal them from you I will)... :D

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I know. If you're going to steal them at least replace them with chrome 22's or at least give me a ride home.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know. If you're going to steal them at least replace them with chrome 22's or at least give me a ride home.
I'll have my stockers powder coated the same color. I'll just swap them out, you may not even know. :muahaha:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.