Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. I want to get all the stuff at once and I would like the front to sit at 30" but the rear to sit around 30.5" Currently running stock size tires. My truck has 90k on it so I want new struts when I drop. Also doing Moog balljoints at the same time. :newbie: Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Like the title says. I want to get all the stuff at once and I would like the front to sit at 30" but the rear to sit around 30.5" Currently running stock size tires. My truck has 90k on it so I want new struts when I drop. Also doing Moog balljoints at the same time. :newbie: Thanks in advance.

you will need 275 45 20 first of all

you can do the djm 2 inch kit and adjust the drop struts and will sit at 29.75 to 30. You will need to cut the front fenderwells also for clearance which is easy to do. I have this done to both of my tbss with no issues.

btw read this thread

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43769

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Yeah we are both on another forum. 2wd. Thanks guys. Any other size tire I can run?

Tony I saw a pic of your truck with the coilovers and I think a 255 45?
if going to 30.5 i would get 275 45 20. at 29.5 i ran 255 45 20 and then at 29 i ran 265 35 22.

You will need to notch the fenderwells and i've been down this road many times before in both of my tbss's so not bsin you on the fenderwell problem.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Nice fender mod lol. Tony I'm definitely notching the fenderwells, checked out the thread on how to earlier. :biggrin2:

Thomas how low are you?
you wont need to do all that at 30 inches but you will nave to cut some :)

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
no prob.
heres my wife daily driven truck
285 35 22 front
305 35 22 rear
djm front kit with kbee coilvoers
rear belltech spring/shock/spohn bar kit

If you go this low in rear without doing the spohn bar kit you will see rear tires are pulled forward in the fenderwell and also the right rear tire sticks out more then left rear which the panhard bar fixes

BEFORE SPOHN KIT look how much rear axle is sucked to the front

and after

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
no the picture is the adjustable upper/lower a arms which push the wheels back.

the panhard bar will center the axle from left to right side when looking from behind the truck.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
150 Posts
Mike, I'm having second thoughts on this now that I've been doing some research. It seems like with the drop struts in the front and stock rear with adjusted bags just rides like crap. And $500+ is alot to pay to only go down like 2" and have a much worse ride than stock. Idk. I'm debating on just staying about stock height with the belltech struts and selling the DJM A arms. But I can't even get the damn shock yokes off the LCAs right now :wtf:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.