Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running a lsx376? i am going to be putting a lsx376 in my truck withing the next few weeks. i spun a rod bearing in my stock motor and decided to go this route. i wanted to see if anyone had pictures of lsx in a tbss and i wanted to know how to mount the coilpacks. and is there anything i should know about doing this swap i plan on running the edelbrock intake manifold and throwing at least 12psi of boost at it.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Why not rebuild your block? U will get more for your money... 376lsx would a nice addition if you were putting a car/truck that didnt already have a ls motor in it

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not rebuild your block? U will get more for your money... 376lsx would a nice addition if you were putting a car/truck that didnt already have a ls motor in it
i was going to do a stroker and cam in my block but im not really trying to brake records or another tranmission lol. i figer with the lsx i can throw 12 lbs of bost at it right off the crate and not have to worry about it and if something does happen it comes with a 2 year 50k mile warrenty.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
IIRC.... the Edelbrock Pro Flo XT will NOT work with l92 heads, which come on the LSX376....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC.... the Edelbrock Pro Flo XT will NOT work with l92 heads, which come on the LSX376....
thanks for the heads up what intake manifold should i run?

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
thanks for the heads up what intake manifold should i run?
Totally up to you, I haven't done research on anything other than the cathedral ports for what I'm thinking about doing :) Not to say cathedral is best, but it is what is stock and what I have chosen....for now anyway....

P.S. If you already have the Edelbrock and need to sell it, hit me up :)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Totally up to you, I haven't done research on anything other than the cathedral ports for what I'm thinking about doing :) Not to say cathedral is best, but it is what is stock and what I have chosen....for now anyway....

P.S. If you already have the Edelbrock and need to sell it, hit me up :)
lol i diddent order it yet i was planing on ordering it this week

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Katech has a coil relocation kit :)

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Katech I think makes relocation kit but they r kinda pricey... U could use a l92 or l76 intake..

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
One thing to think about is that motor has a 58 tooth reluctor wheel, your 06 has a 24. You would have to change that out that means removing the crank, or use the Lingenfelter kit which is a magic box that lets you use a 58x motor in a 24x vehicle. For the coils you could use the stock valve covers, LSA covers, other aftermarket, or wait for Katech to get some of their killer ones back in stock.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing to think about is that motor has a 58 tooth reluctor wheel, your 06 has a 24. You would have to change that out that means removing the crank, or use the Lingenfelter kit which is a magic box that lets you use a 58x motor in a 24x vehicle. For the coils you could use the stock valve covers, LSA covers, other aftermarket, or wait for Katech to get some of their killer ones back in stock.
thanks bro i diddent know that if i do go this route the lingenfelter kit looks like the key to that problem.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Katech I think makes relocation kit but they r kinda pricey... U could use a l92 or l76 intake..

im guessing i will have to match the fule rail to the intake manifold that i go with?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
If go with a l92... Pcmforless has spacers so u can use your stock fuel rails...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If go with a l92... Pcmforless has spacers so u can use your stock fuel rails...
awsome thanks.... i herd that the l92 intake manifold sits lower and can interfear with the belt on the pro charger anyone els hear that?

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Maybe You Should Call Matt At Tune Time Performance In Toms River. He'd Be Able To Build You Exactly What Your Looking For, Install It And Tune It All At Once For You. Maybe Even Reuse Your Stock Block. Give Him A Call. (732) 349-7800

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe You Should Call Matt At Tune Time Performance In Toms River. He'd Be Able To Build You Exactly What Your Looking For, Install It And Tune It All At Once For You. Maybe Even Reuse Your Stock Block. Give Him A Call. (732) 349-7800
yea i have spoke to matt about my motor he was going to build my motor if i went that route.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
i was going to do a stroker and cam in my block but im not really trying to brake records or another tranmission lol. i figer with the lsx i can throw 12 lbs of bost at it right off the crate and not have to worry about it and if something does happen it comes with a 2 year 50k mile warrenty.
Read the fine print! They through out the warranty if you boost it.

Save your money a build a motor!:2cents: The LSX376 does not even have FORGED RODS!:confused1: Not worth the money.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts