Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am swapping an ls2 and 4l70e in a '82 chevy c10 and I have three lines I'm not sure what they connect to. Looking for any info on them. Thanks in advance for any info.

This one comes off the top of the intake manifold and then goes down along the side, my guess would be it's a vacuum line, so if that's the case could I just cap it off?
Engine Auto part Motor vehicle Fuel line Automotive engine part

The second one is coming straight out the back of the intake manifold, with the red o-ring.
Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Fuel line Carburetor

And the third comes out of the valve cover, and in early models I've seen where it attaches to the throttle body, but I don't know where it connects with the ls2.
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Fuel line Carburetor

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
1. I think it went to the evap canister (whatever it's called lol) by the fuel tank

2. Brake booster

3. Air intake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yea I should have known the second one, but do know if the first one and third one can get plugged off? I want to run a 4 inch intake, almost like pcmforless, but custom for my truck, so I wonder what they do with the line.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
I don't know if they can be plugged or not. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members will chime in on that

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
1. EVAP Purge port, just remove the fitting on the port and cap it. I actually drilled and tapped thatport and it now houses my IAT sensor.

2. Vacuum Feed to brake booster, self explanatory

3. This is the PCV feed from the stock air intake into the valve cover. Just put a small K&N breather on this port. You also have a port on the rear of the drivers side valve cover. Put the same breather on that port as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.