Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, mostly moved on to FB type groups probably. Do you still have one? I was never a big poster on here much, mainly research and move on...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
80 Posts
I see, mostly moved on to FB type groups probably. Do you still have one? I was never a big poster on here much, mainly research and move on...
I do still have my tbss. In fact, currently getting some mods done on it. Looking for a "2 cowl hood to go on it. Problem is everything is 6-8 weeks lead time. Do you still have your tbss?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do still have my tbss. In fact, currently getting some mods done on it. Looking for a "2 cowl hood to go on it. Problem is everything is 6-8 weeks lead time. Do you still have your tbss?
I do, currently fighting this damn 40k cooler install. I can't find a place that I like in front to install it. Ran new lines from the trans as well. I have a lot of things done to mine if you ever need help or info. The only thing I didn't do was the valve grinding on the valves and swapping the trans to RWD, so I have experience with things if you need it (not saying you do).

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
80 Posts
I do, currently fighting this damn 40k cooler install. I can't find a place that I like in front to install it. Ran new lines from the trans as well. I have a lot of things done to mine if you ever need help or info. The only thing I didn't do was the valve grinding on the valves and swapping the trans to RWD, so I have experience with things if you need it (not saying you do).
Thanks appreciate that👍 Here's is link that I saved because I also purchased the Tru-Cool 40k trans cooler. But I ended up going with PCMOFNC brake duct cooler kit because we were unable to find a good mounting place for it. So I don't know if this link will be helpful but here you go. Who knows you probably already read it through.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks appreciate that👍 Here's is link that I saved because I also purchased the Tru-Cool 40k trans cooler. But I ended up going with PCMOFNC brake duct cooler kit because we were unable to find a good mounting place for it. So I don't know if this link will be helpful but here you go. Who knows you probably already read it through.

I already had the PCMofNC cooler, and it wasn't cutting it. I have it all mounted and made my own brackets using the OEM power steering location. Now to sort out where I want my new steering cooler at where I don't hate it. Trying to keep everything looking OEM yet functional. I wanted to reuse my PCMofNC brake duct cooler for the steering but I don't have any way of getting AN-6 to 3/8ths barbed for the rubber hose. Fun.

What have you done to your SS?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
80 Posts
I already had the PCMofNC cooler, and it wasn't cutting it. I have it all mounted and made my own brackets using the OEM power steering location. Now to sort out where I want my new steering cooler at where I don't hate it. Trying to keep everything looking OEM yet functional. I wanted to reuse my PCMofNC brake duct cooler for the steering but I don't have any way of getting AN-6 to 3/8ths barbed for the rubber hose. Fun.

TVS2300
Kooks Headers & Y-Pipe (Coated) 1.875” x 3” Exit, .375 Flanges
Four Seasons Radiator #145-2405S
TBSS Silicone Hose Kit
Cold Air Intake
Lingenfelter High Flow Fuel Pump Module #L710101108
1000CC FIC Fuel Injector
RPM Level VI 4L70e transmission
Pickup Tube Kit
SLP LoudMouth III Cat-Back Exhaust
Quad Dual Exhaust Tip
Mighty Mouse Catch Can
Trailblazer SS 31.5 drop

Looking for the hood on the attached pic now and this song will be finished. Anyone know of any member or shop selling the attached hood or do good paint and body work?

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
444 Posts

That's a pretty common fitting.

Male/barb. If you need it to be ORB, just put the o-ring on the male fitting.

Female/barb

Reactions: Gauvain

·
"******"
1,229 Posts
I would like to say hellow to all the old timmers here
Been here since I ordered my '08 new
This place was really something back then
I check pretty much every day here seldom long on though
Sill have that loving feeling for the SS, sad how old it is now but still keep her up
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire

Reactions: Gauvain

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a pretty common fitting.

Male/barb. If you need it to be ORB, just put the o-ring on the male fitting.

Female/barb

True it is common, but this go round with the TB and being in the air has gone too long haha. Out of all my fittings of course I didn't have a proper AN-6 to 3/8ths right? Thanks for taking the time to send the info, that was nice of you.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TVS2300
Kooks Headers & Y-Pipe (Coated) 1.875” x 3” Exit, .375 Flanges
Four Seasons Radiator #145-2405S
TBSS Silicone Hose Kit
Cold Air Intake
Lingenfelter High Flow Fuel Pump Module #L710101108
1000CC FIC Fuel Injector
RPM Level VI 4L70e transmission
Pickup Tube Kit
SLP LoudMouth III Cat-Back Exhaust
Quad Dual Exhaust Tip
Mighty Mouse Catch Can
Trailblazer SS 31.5 drop

Looking for the hood on the attached pic now and this song will be finished. Anyone know of any member or shop selling the attached hood or do good paint and body work?
I am missing the forced air on mine but it is ready for it. A couple years ago I had mine down for 18 months and the project grew and grew, basically (sadly) a restoration and modification of everything. It would be nice to meet up with some of you to see what you have done as where I live…..not many are into cars at all like this. When I have more time I will try and do a list of things as well. Sorry I don't know who to trust for paint, although I need some things worked as well. I planned on a raised CF hood, but the one you showed is very nice and clean as well!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
80 Posts
I am missing the forced air on mine but it is ready for it. A couple years ago I had mine down for 18 months and the project grew and grew, basically (sadly) a restoration and modification of everything. It would be nice to meet up with some of you to see what you have done as where I live…..not many are into cars at all like this. When I have more time I will try and do a list of things as well. Sorry I don't know who to trust for paint, although I need some things worked as well. I planned on a raised CF hood, but the one you showed is very nice and clean as well!
Let me know if you find someone that are selling those hoods. Hard to find a good body work and paint guy.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well you please do the same, on the paint and body person....I don't trust just anyone...Previous owner had the grill painted and uh...it was like one coat and no clear.

Do any of you guys have any grill parts to sell? Mainly the mesh portion lol...GM no longer sells it of course and I missed my chance years ago.

Also, anyone interested in a black 20in "Tony" snowflake set of wheels? I know this isn't the for sale section but we are all somewhat "local". I also have a OEM oil pan welded for the PCMofNC pickup tube (also included) I never used at all. Ugh so many parts saying around I need to get off my ass and list.

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
Parts list and prices pretty pls..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts