Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing with the idea of chopping the top of the tbss for a while now. the more i think about it the cooler it gets "in my head". can anyone photo shop a chopped top on the ss, with about 1-2 inches off the front and maybe a 1/2 inch less of the rear? or would it look better with the same chop front to back? ideas? and photo shopped pics welcome

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Tim (ti28) and I talked about it a few years ago..... He has some experience with it, I declined...Lmaooo..It's a lot more work than just cutting the posts!!

·
Super Moderator
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i know its a lot of work. i buy wrecked cars on occasion and rebuild them. that is how i got my tbss, i bought a wrecked corvette and rebuilt it and then i traded it even for the ss. "it worked out in my favor :D". im really bad with paintshop and i cant visualize how it would turn out. on one side i think it would look killer, but on the other side it might make the ss out of praportion. also im not sure if i would want to do a straight chop or if i would want to do more chop in the front than the rear. im just looking for ideas and paintshop help. im goint to do a winter project tis year so im trying to make plans. it might be chop the top on the ss, or finish my 86 1.5 ton 4x4 14" lifted stroked 496BB truck build. or both just depends on how hard uncle sam is to me this year.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
I was actually thinking the same thing a couple of days ago. It would be a shit-ton of work, but I think it would be sweet as hell.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
You would have to be in the Body shop business to make this practical. It would be really expensive otherwise. But it sure would be different.

·
Super Moderator
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wylie, just so happens i have a full body shop. and if i need something i don't have my buddy has a body shop just down the road from me "less than 2 miles" that does. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Good luck with all the air bags in the pillars front and back! just dont think i would look right at all. Its probably best left as a thought, thats a huge project and im sure you would be kicking yourself in the ass if "whoops this is above my head" and it leads to a money pit.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
You have been watching too much overhaulin.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I've changed a few roofs, and I think the hardest part would be getting the glass cut down. The air bags and electrical would be cake. If you cut the door post off at the bottom you may get to reuse that glass. A man with a welder that can do body work could do it.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
I think it could look good, if done correctly. I don't have the clearance for headroom to do it, but did think about it in the past....

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
I think it could look good, if done correctly. I don't have the clearance for headroom to do it, but did think about it in the past....
That's why you cut the posts off the seats and drop them down a bit.

I think it could look very cool. The back hatch would be a bitch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts