Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Bahaha maybe a bone stock awd

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Hell there hasnt been a new 5.0 at my local track worth running. Modded or not, radials or not... not even the new BOSS 302's can hang... fucking disappointing. All those cars are fucking hype...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Hell there hasnt been a new 5.0 at my local track worth running. Modded or not, radials or not... not even the new BOSS 302's can hang... fucking disappointing. All those cars are fucking hype...
That's too bad. It must be they don't know how to launch properly. I've seen some lackluster ET's but the mph has been outrageous.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I heard the 302 runs high 11's with slicks and a tune:dunno:

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Im sure it does with a great driver. Around here those are few and far between. First time I saw a new 5.0 with slicks he never got below a 13.8 and ran 14.x-15.x most of the night... sad...

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Not worth the fuel.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Ya im stock and I ate plenty of new 5.0s at the friday night drags tns put on... They pissed and moaned being paired up with the saab...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
263 Posts
I took one out the other day. He was weaving in and out of traffic and I caught a red light with him. I let him punch it first once he realized I wasn't going to let him take me from the light. I had about 2-3 lengths on him by 80. Needless to say he didnt want to go again at the next light :) I'm sure I shocked him hahaha.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
I wouldn't mind owning one. I'm sure I could bust a low 13 high 12 with a stock 5.0 and radials.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg9N5ra0Hsw

wade there was a vid on youtube of a new 5.0 running 12.2 at thunder road but I cant find it. in a quick search I found this vid but I dont rem what color car it was that ran 12.2 so im not sure if its the one in the vid but I doubt it is. Didnt know if u seen any of these cars at the track?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Some of you guys need to wake up from TBSS dreamland. I really don't see a stock TBSS or Saab for that matter beating the new 5.0's
Depends on where you are the drivers in your area. Im YET to see a new Camaro SS run faster than 13.9 at the tracks ive been to but I know they are faster. I even have a vid of me outrunning a new 5.0. He had times all over the place ranging from 13.2-14.4. Just depends on the track and driver. I hate seeing these new cars running 14's when they are capable of low 13 high 12s.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
You talking to the stock tbss guys right?:D
Original posts points that out, yeah a 5.0 will take Kurt down. :)

Depends on where you are the drivers in your area. Im YET to see a new Camaro SS run faster than 13.9 at the tracks ive been to but I know they are faster. I even have a vid of me outrunning a new 5.0. He had times all over the place ranging from 13.2-14.4. Just depends on the track and driver. I hate seeing these new cars running 14's when they are capable of low 13 high 12s.
You sir have a fast stock TBSS then, I know there are a few.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
456 Posts
Some of you guys need to wake up from TBSS dreamland. I really don't see a stock TBSS or Saab for that matter beating the new 5.0's
WHAT

I raced one of the new 5.0 a week ago stock vs stock and i pulled on him by at least 2 cars. We get up to the next light after i embarrased him and he goes "Whats that thing got in it" lol smiled and said 6.0

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
WHAT

I raced one of the new 5.0 a week ago stock vs stock and i pulled on him by at least 2 cars. We get up to the next light after i embarrased him and he goes "Whats that thing got in it" lol smiled and said 6.0
I see you are from Michigan, you friends with Ogpaperplanes. He smokes alot of the medical gonji, maybe he is sharing with you.

2 lengths, stop light to stop light on the new 5.0 and you were stock..........sounds good. :notworthy:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.