Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my rear door speakers blew out so I went straight to ss-shootout.com to see if they had any info on the rear speakers. They put a set of JL AUDIO VR525-CXI 5.25" COAXIAL's in the rear doors and I was thinking about doing the same. I don't know too much about the speaker world so any recommendations would be appreciated. I have the factory bose system and a kenwood deck. Should I go with these speakers? Thanks!

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
I prefer alpine componets, type r/type x. To really take advantage of them you need a new headunit and amp or a amp at the very least. Most componets come with a xover a 1in tweeter. JL stuff is not bad, ESP subs, but I loved my type r alpine, very clear and tight response. Just figure out what you want then shop google for the lowest price by searching for the full name of the componets. If you order from crutchfield, which is usually on the high side of prices, they give you install guides, extras and customer support via phone if you have any troubles.

If your still unsure go to a car audio place and listen to different types of speakers and see which sound best to you. Just stay away from the cheap stuff.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
I have these

One of my rear door speakers blew out so I went straight to ss-shootout.com to see if they had any info on the rear speakers. They put a set of JL AUDIO VR525-CXI 5.25" COAXIAL's in the rear doors and I was thinking about doing the same. I don't know too much about the speaker world so any recommendations would be appreciated. I have the factory bose system and a kenwood deck. Should I go with these speakers? Thanks!
with the amps mentioned and they sound great. I did however go with a new headunit and the amps to make it sound great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts