Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading my audio system with new head unit (done), BUT don't have the NEW speakers whose specs I do know, so for now I'm trying to program everything using the existing factory ACDelco (non-Bose) speakers Front (#10366739) and Rear (#15242746) and want to program those to the new head unit. ACDelco is pretty tight lipped on their speaker specs I have come to find out in my searches! I have some info such as size, ohms (4 front- 8 rear), type is somewhat vague with the best I have for the Front is 'full-range woofer speaker' (?), 2-way or 3-way(?). But I'm not sure.

I'm trying to set up the crossover settings for the four speakers in particular and it would be helpful to know the specs pertaining to the values I will select based upon the head units capabilities and the speaker specifications. Make sense? Especially, if one is trying to survive until I install the new speakers? Any input would be helpful.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,005 Posts
I'm upgrading my audio system with new head unit (done), BUT don't have the NEW speakers whose specs I do know, so for now I'm trying to program everything using the existing factory ACDelco (non-Bose) speakers Front (#10366739) and Rear (#15242746) and want to program those to the new head unit. ACDelco is pretty tight lipped on their speaker specs I have come to find out in my searches! I have some info such as size, ohms (4 front- 8 rear), type is somewhat vague with the best I have for the Front is 'full-range woofer speaker' (?), 2-way or 3-way(?). But I'm not sure.

I'm trying to set up the crossover settings for the four speakers in particular and it would be helpful to know the specs pertaining to the values I will select based upon the head units capabilities and the speaker specifications. Make sense? Especially, if one is trying to survive until I install the new speakers? Any input would be helpful.
I think you can find out all this info on www.crutchfield.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kinda figured it out by going there, forums and picking up bits here and there, so I am good. I am installing the speakers next month anyway. Thnx for getting back to me!

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
792 Posts
Do you have the 4.2L or the 5.3L? If you have the 5.3L and planning on a big system I could make you an aluminum dual alt bracket.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: db-guru

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts