Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of putting this style LED headlights on my 2009 TBSS. Does anyone have any reviews to share about this brand?? Quality? Do's and Don't's installing? Are they Plug N Play???

Taillights:

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,399 Posts
I have very good Leds for the TBSS and Im the only one in the US with the type I sell. Been a vendor for 11 years and sold thousands of sets to the TBSS fam, Im just mostly over on the facebook groups.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,038 Posts
I have very good Leds for the TBSS and Im the only one in the US with the type I sell. Been a vendor for 11 years and sold thousands of sets to the TBSS fam, Im just mostly over on the facebook groups.
Did you ever get more led bulbs for high beam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just finished my led headlights. A few things I will say, first off, the projector headlights you can buy off eBay suck in comparison to real projectors. They use the cheapest crap they can get their hands on.

Second, while led bulbs can work OK in housings wither either aftermarket projectors or factory reflectors, they will only work OK. A lot of times they actually won't outperform brand new halogen bulbs because the optics are incorrect.

There's a wide variety of prices of LED bulbs, but outside of a small handful of bulbs, they're all coming out of the same Chinese factories with different branding put on them. Seriously, look on alibaba or aliexpress and you'll find almoat all the styles from different brands on there.

The bulbs that are a bit better are all brands owned by the retrofit source. They're a large enough company now that they are able to get custom made bulbs from the Chinese factories, and then they spread their old designs out around their brands (they have like 5 brands, and a crap load of resellers).

My opinion is first decide what your goal and budget is. I wanted headlights that would be top of the line and got kinda carried away. But even just the projector itself is nearly 300 bucks. Another 30 bucks for shrouds, and then 20 bucks for a high beam splitter and 100 bucks for a new set of housings... So figure 450 bucks for headlights that will outperform everything else.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
20 Posts
I run the Auxbeam LED bulbs, and am really happy with them. Super bright, and just plug them in. They're only like $55, so they probably aren't as nice as what some of the guys offer, but bang for the buck they are great.
Your first link is broken, so not sure which ones you were specifically asking about though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts