Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hater
Duh
9,218 Posts
I think people have used Vector before but I don't think you'll find many happy customers on here. Go with a mail order tune from Fast Motorsports or Pcmforless. Brandon (fast Motorsports) travels around tuning vehicles as well. I love my tune.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hater
Duh
9,218 Posts
I asked the same thing a couple months ago and for some reason almost everyone here seems to believe that mail order tunes are the way to go.....
I think after doing them for the last few years, the mail orders are pretty spot on. Brandon tweaked mine in person as well which was nice.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
What mods do you have or are you looking to do?

As far as a stock or minor bolt on truck the mail order tunes are very accurate from the high number of trucks that have been tuned in person with the same setups and the number of years they have had to come up with the tune.

Depending where you are in Michigan you could even come to the shop and have your tune done by Brandon in person if you were to chose Fast Motorsports. Other options if you chose FMS are to do a mail order or a street tune when he travels, however the travel schedule is not put together right now so I don't have a date idea to give you when he will be in your area.

If you have any questions about the FMS mail order tune or would like to set something up feel free to PM or email me [email protected], I'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
08 TBSS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has a PCMforless tune as of now but from experience evey car is never the same i just like the idea of a tune for my car instead of a generic tune

Mods as of now are Attitude cam, headers ,K&N intake ... I believe that is it

Thinking of udgrading the intake manifold to edelbrock or something and changing intake as i do not like the K&N too much and maybe a 100mm MAF

That is why i was wondering about possible tuning.

Where is the Fast Motorsports Shop ?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
it has a PCMforless tune as of now but from experience evey car is never the same i just like the idea of a tune for my car instead of a generic tune

Thinking of udgrading the intake manifold to edelbrock or something and changing intake as i do not like the K&N too much and maybe a 100mm MAF

Do you have HPtuners? If so that is a great way to have your tune touched up quickly. I'd say the results are better than most in person tuning sessions since you can normally spend more time on the tune.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
I would for sure go to vector, once you pay for the tune once you can come back as many times as you want if you add parts or want to change something. Way better than mailorder of course.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts

Fast Motorsports is located in Algonquin, IL.

With those type of mods a generic mail order would not be the route to go, an in person tune would be the best route. In order to do it via HPT and not in a live tuning appointment you would also need to purchase a wide band to allow for the proper tuning.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Drive the 3-4 hours and go to Fast, they knocked 1.4 seconds off my 1/4 mile time. And I dont have hardly anything done to my truck.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
Having hpt would be nice but still need some knowledge of how to use it. Bring your cable with and get an in person tutorial to make sure you use it properly.

Another option avaliable here is purchasing an autocal, 300 bucks and gives you the option to flash and log for us at a lower cost to yourself

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts