Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont mind bumping the idle up if need be but I want to keep the stock converter. It would be tuned of course. This is my daily but I wouldnt mind a little more power. It still needs to be able to tow my camaro and I dont want to lose much if any gas mileage. At the same time Id do the efans, cai, and a catback. Leaving the stock manifolds as well.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Something like a GT2-3 would since it maintains factory overlap. I would go the full bolt on route first though and see if you are happy. A cam like that will only be worth 20 hp or so on a 6.0 compared to the 30-60 hp other larger cams can provide.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS AWD
2,178 Posts
The Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam has always been the cam to get for guys wanting to keep stock manifolds and driveability while gaining some HP. I don't know if anyone has tried it yet in a TBSS though.

Edit: :iamwithstupid: lol

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
i wanna do the same thing just not sure what to do

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im going to do bolt ons minus headers. I want it quiet. Its my daily. The camaro is my rowdy one. But w several friends w srt-8 jeeps i get my ass whopped a lot. And a blower just seems overkill for what i want to do.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
I have the PCMforless.com high lift stealth cam with a magnaflow cat-back and it's quieter than my friends stock truck with a corsa cat-back. The high lift requires you upgrade the springs and pushrods, so my valvetrain makes more noise than stock.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
I have the PCMforless.com high lift stealth cam with a magnaflow cat-back and it's quieter than my friends stock truck with a corsa cat-back. The high lift requires you upgrade the springs and pushrods, so my valvetrain makes more noise than stock.
Makes sense because the magnaflow cat back is quieter then stock with both muffler throuh stock manifolds and cats.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
Makes sense because the magnaflow cat back is quieter then stock with both muffler throuh stock manifolds and cats.
Forgot to mention I have ARH 1&3/4 and Y with hi-flow cats, so it should be even quieter with the stock manifolds and Y.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
690 Posts
how did you do hp wise??

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
how did you do hp wise??
Stealth cam, headers, 4" standard intake w/LS7 MAF, ported stock intake manifold, 3600 vig triple disk and AWD dyno made 375whp with a Fastmotorsports tune.
I was close to maxing out the stock injectors also.

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
I love my "stealth cam" from Alvin (pcmforless). With his cam and tune, I gained 4mpg on the highway and 1mpg in the city.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stealth cam really looks the way to go. Ill likely do the low lift version if i go this route. What kind of power are you n/a guys picking up? Its says theyve gained 53hp w a maggie. I think around 380rwhp should be enough to run with an srt-8.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
I dont mind bumping the idle up if need be but I want to keep the stock converter. It would be tuned of course. This is my daily but I wouldnt mind a little more power. It still needs to be able to tow my camaro and I dont want to lose much if any gas mileage. At the same time Id do the efans, cai, and a catback. Leaving the stock manifolds as well.
Headers will play a big part on overall performance as well (equal length primaries)...

Any plans on changing out the springs..?

I believe the type of lobes will help with longevity as well.. Originally on my build it was going to be LSL lobes, but changed to HUC lobes since they were softer on the the seats..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Headers are 130% out of the question. I dont want the noise associated with them. Not only the exhaust note but also you hear more valvetrain noise from the thinner metal over a cast manifold. Does it say what lobes the stealth cam is on? I want this to be reliable. I also saw the cheater v.3 makes pretty decent power and has a stock idle but it has over .600 lift as well. Not sure the lobes its on. I havent dug that far yet.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Off the shelf cams I would say:

GT 2-3
GT-11 (a little more aggressive)
PCM4less Stealth (low/high lift)
262 Stealth cam
LS2 Cheatr (very similar to GT-11)

Most of these cams are acceptable to use stock manifolds but the GT-11, CheatR, & PCM Stealth HL would definitely require springs good to .650 lift.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above, basically will come down to how aggressive you want to get.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Stealth cam, stall and you should be with the srt8.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts