Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an adapter harness coming out thats plug and play and a little smarter than the other harnesses on the market. The way it works is any vehicle that was originally equipped with a 4l60 variant (65/70) can run a 4l80e with very minor programming. No OS swaps required and cruise and gear shift indicators will work (not saying it will not work with Joe's method and new TCM, But it will not work on 4l80 swapped GTO's)

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
I've got an adapter harness coming out thats plug and play and a little smarter than the other harnesses on the market. The way it works is any vehicle that was originally equipped with a 4l60 variant (65/70) can run a 4l80e with very minor programming. No OS swaps required and cruise and gear shift indicators will work (not saying it will not work with Joe's method and new TCM, But it will not work on 4l80 swapped GTO's)
Sounds interesting. Subscribed.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It works! Neal's wife brought his truck by this afternoon. Its a 2006 TBSS with a 4l80e. It is now controlled by a stock TCM stock OS. Also tested was our Race TCM. Works like a charm and keeps the torque converter locked in decel!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Did you have to reprogram the tcm for it? What the round about price on these?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very minor changes. The gear ratio in the 80's are different so the shift points are different. You also have to remove a couple of codes.. No big deal.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,563 Posts
So are you planning to sell pre programmed TCMs for the swap with lockup options?

I could, but that is the beauty behind it. Anything with a 4l60 will run a 4l80 with this harness. That goes for LT1's, LS1's, Trucks, TBSS, etc.

All you have to do is figure up your new gear shift stuff and eliminate a few codes and it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts