Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the ac has been acting weird as hell lately...blower motor would stay on when truck was turned off and all temps were fine (if that would matter) and now the blower motor will not come on!!!!!!!!!!! when at speed you can feel cold air coming out the vent but when stopped nothing....any ideas or will i have to pull the dash and change the blower motor????? just bought a 69 squareback and trying to restore and now this!!!!

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,995 Posts
If you have auto climate control then you probably have a bad blower motor control module.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Trans cooler ate up the condenser in the saab... New condenser today now just goin to shim thevcooler lil further away

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
126 Posts
I second the blower motor control module. I just changed the one in my friends I-6 trailblazer for the same symptom. It stayed running when it was turned off one time and then never came on again. The module and motor are really easy to get to, theyre mounted on the bottom of the dash under the glove box. 3 screws in the motor, 2 screws in the module.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
Yeah the control module, I just had to replace mine a few weeks back. Very simple to get to and change, it's located behind the glove box, pull the dash panel below the glove back and you'll see the module with the plug going to the blower motor, pull those two bolts and replace.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice thank yall much im about to call the local dealership...driving to cali from utah tomorrow and i was dreading not having ac in norther az and nevada...it was hot there when it was cold in socal and utah

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now its all about getting the part lol...cant believe im dropping 176 bux just like that for ac when i just bought a 69 squareback lol..its ok i think if ac is not expected but when you know its there and cant use it....fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx again guys...totally called that one correctly and saved me a bunch of time and money

·
Registered
801 Posts
Some of the blower control modules have a special policy where GM will warranty if you have issues. Off the top of my head I can't remember which models but I know some of the Silverado's have it. Send my your VIN and I can check quick. Anyway I agree with the rest....Definitely a blower control module issue....

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Some of the blower control modules have a special policy where GM will warranty if you have issues. Off the top of my head I can't remember which models but I know some of the Silverado's have it. Send my your VIN and I can check quick. Anyway I agree with the rest....Definitely a blower control module issue....
Any more info on this warranty policy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts