Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started the install the last week of December but I couldn't finish since I didn't have the right connector that goes to the stock purple connector. Lucky thing I have another car to drive. I did not want to reinstall the stock clutch fan...too lazy.

I have to give KUDOS to Kelly of PCMforless for her outstanding service. The customer service she had provided was outstanding. A message to Alvin, she is a keeper.

The parts were used but took the chance.

Parts list:
1 - C6 Fan
1 - PCMforless bracket and connectors
1 - Fan Patch courtesy of PCMforless

Install:
The fan brackets were cut and modified with aluminum brackets. So the PCMforless brackets were not needed. If someone needs it, make me a reasonable offer. Fan bolted to the top two holes with stock bolts and the bottom two with the used parts sent to me. I was also missing the jumper so I had to wait for a Christmas present from Kelly. Thanks again. :biggrin2:

I soldered, 3m electrical coated then shrink tube all cut wires.

I believe the fans are set to turn off 5 secs after engine shutoff. I like that. The settings are also set for a delay turn on of 5 secs. I modified PCMforless fan patch settings to compensate for a start up delay to minimize the amp draw.

It is amazing how much room there is now to work on the belts. Our TBSS should have come with E-Fans....why GM?

Performance:
From the seat of pants dyno, it drives with more spunk. Quicker to accelerate from 0. I can now chirp the tires when I smash the go-fast pedal.

Drove it in Honolulu traffic after the install and the temp reading on my aeroforce read anywhere between 188 to 195F. Never got above 200.

Current Mods:
BBA Tune
160 t-stat
Prada Spec-X tires
Corvette Servos
Jetttstream Stage 3 Intake
E3 Spark Plugs
Taylor Spark Plug Wires
C6 e-Fan
Transmission Cooler - front mount

Now for the pictures....:biggrin2:

Passenger Side View:

Driver Side View:

Drinking again....whew. Thank God and Kelly for all their help.

Rotopros install tomorrow. Custom paint job. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need to figure out how to route the wire and where to install the switch.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
im glad your happy with the efans because they were one of my favorite mods(even though they shoulda came factory as because it doesnt affect towing) I gained another +1.5 mpg and what seems about 10 whp for like 200 bucks..

however, many on here have had issues with the c6 fan or the ls1 efans with charging issues etc...

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
Hey Bro, I'm really glad it all worked out for you.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,381 Posts
Thank ive seen someone take the headlight switch apart and put a on/off button like theat above the fog button... Thats my plans when I go with a manual switch.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
I started the install the last week of December but I couldn't finish since I didn't have the right connector that goes to the stock purple connector. Lucky thing I have another car to drive. I did not want to reinstall the stock clutch fan...too lazy.

I have to give KUDOS to Kelly of PCMforless for her outstanding service. The customer service she had provided was outstanding. A message to Alvin, she is a keeper.

The parts were used but took the chance.

Parts list:
1 - C6 Fan
1 - PCMforless bracket and connectors
1 - Fan Patch courtesy of PCMforless

Install:
The fan brackets were cut and modified with aluminum brackets. So the PCMforless brackets were not needed. If someone needs it, make me a reasonable offer. Fan bolted to the top two holes with stock bolts and the bottom two with the used parts sent to me. I was also missing the jumper so I had to wait for a Christmas present from Kelly. Thanks again. :biggrin2:

I soldered, 3m electrical coated then shrink tube all cut wires.

I believe the fans are set to turn off 5 secs after engine shutoff. I like that. The settings are also set for a delay turn on of 5 secs. I modified PCMforless fan patch settings to compensate for a start up delay to minimize the amp draw.

It is amazing how much room there is now to work on the belts. Our TBSS should have come with E-Fans....why GM?

Performance:
From the seat of pants dyno, it drives with more spunk. Quicker to accelerate from 0. I can now chirp the tires when I smash the go-fast pedal.

Drove it in Honolulu traffic after the install and the temp reading on my aeroforce read anywhere between 188 to 195F. Never got above 200.

Current Mods:
BBA Tune
160 t-stat
Prada Spec-X tires
Corvette Servos
Jetttstream Stage 3 Intake
E3 Spark Plugs
Taylor Spark Plug Wires
C6 e-Fan
Transmission Cooler - front mount

Now for the pictures....:biggrin2:

Passenger Side View:

Driver Side View:

Drinking again....whew. Thank God and Kelly for all their help.

Rotopros install tomorrow. Custom paint job. :cheers1:
Does the foam wrap prove effective in dispensing heat from the intake tube there?

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Thank ive seen someone take the headlight switch apart and put a on/off button like there above the fog button... Thats my plans when I go with a manual switch.
yep, good place. thats where my tranny cooler fan switch is

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailBlazer SS
2,760 Posts
Here's where you can mount the switch:

The headlight switch comes apart carefully. The wire harness I routed through the steering column boot at the firewall.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,381 Posts
or below the fog button...lol :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bro, I'm really glad it all worked out for you.
Thanks Scjzman. I'm happy how it turned out. I'll update your rating.

Does the foam wrap prove effective in dispensing heat from the intake tube there?
Yes. I got that idea from another member. Forgot his name but he is from Arizona where its much hotter than Hawaii....and more guns. :doh:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank ive seen someone take the headlight switch apart and put a on/off button like theat above the fog button... Thats my plans when I go with a manual switch.
Focking awesome place. Just didn't know it if it would fit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Here's where you can mount the switch:

The headlight switch comes apart carefully. The wire harness I routed through the steering column boot at the firewall.
Thank you for the pictures. I was thinking on top of the fog switch but I think it looks better on the bottom. That is a clean install, looks factory install.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Thanks Scjzman. I'm happy how it turned out. I'll update your rating.

Yes. I got that idea from another member. Forgot his name but he is from Arizona where its much hotter than Hawaii....and more guns. :doh:
This was my idea for aux for trans cooler and future install that I did last fall.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
I have the C6 fans as well, except i dont have a switch. how hard would it be to wire up a switch to my existing C6 fans?

Yours looks great! nice job!

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the C6 fans as well, except i dont have a switch. how hard would it be to wire up a switch to my existing C6 fans?

Yours looks great! nice job!
If you see the two middle connectors, it goes in line between the C6 fan and the harness that powers it. Running the wires will take some time as another posted to run it through the steering column hole.

I believe the time is taken up by keeping it clean looking by using wire loom and trimming all the tie wrap ends.

Do you have to take off the dash or does the fog light plate come off by itself?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,381 Posts
You can remove the pannel off the side of dash and unplug wires. Push in on some tabs to release switch and pull it out

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Aaron. A PITA to take off the dash trim...why did GM use so many screws and layered the dash since you have to take off the bottom panel to get to the screws for the the dash trim.

:doh:

Another weekend job to install the variable switch...need to buy another case of beer.

:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Positive feedback on the C6 fan. I heard others were having problems but I drove in stop and go traffic today -going and coming- and my temps never got above 195F. Running temps are at 186-191F.

Today was an over cast day but considering this is in Honolulu temperature; 75 degrees, 57% humidity.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Im in need of the efan set up... how much did it run you and was it a pain to do yourself.. run into any probs?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
I never use anything other than the middle/ECU preferred speed. A few times in stop and go 90 degree heat I used the high speed or if I need the engine to cool for a romp. I actually have never use the low speed, does anyone?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts