Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to put in my fogs today. I noticed they are a lot longer than the stock 880s. Pics are attached.

Since I knew it would be hard to get the bulb in, I decided to unscrew the 4 screws on each side. However.... one screw on each side refuses to come out!:ranting: So I went to put a bulb in regardless. It wouldn't fit, and if it did fit, a simple nudge would get it to loosen to where it could easily fall out...

Any tips?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
I did not need all my screws loose when taking the OEM bulb out. If I remember correctly the OEM bulb twists out and then twist the new HID bulb in to lock it in. Just loosen as many screws as you can and just take your time and be careful. It will work!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Is this pertaining to the OEM fog assemblies or did you do the blazer retrofit?

I want to go HID in the fogs, but dont want to have to buy new housings for them to work. The OEM ones work with HID kits right?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
i doubled up on the silicone washers(on bulb base) and hope this works. its a nice tight fit now. goodluck
:iamwithstupid: Please do the double silicone or you might get water in your housing like I did.

I have OEM housings. My HID are from Jetttstream.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
^ yes, just replace the bulbs. i think the OP is using stock housings too
So you reused the 880/890 OEM bulb seal on the HID bulb along with it's seal? Doubled up?

What seems to be the advantage other than output for the Blazer kits? Looks like there is s few drawbacks to it as well with fitment. Once HIDS are installed it should be sufficient light correct?

·
Premium Member
'06 TrailblazerSS
5,328 Posts
I actually used 2 HID silicone washers on each HID bulb, since i was replacing HID bulbs. but any silicone washer should work. and yes HID bulbs will make a difference in light output. yellow 3000k is supposed to be the best for fog light output, but most run 5000k-6000k for looks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
There is plenty of light output from the OEM housings. I adjusted mine up more and they light the road up. 6000k Fogs

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I actually used 2 HID silicone washers on each HID bulb, since i was replacing HID bulbs. but any silicone washer should work. and yes HID bulbs will make a difference in light output. yellow 3000k is supposed to be the best for fog light output, but most run 5000k-6000k for looks.
Yeah I am running yellow filament bulbs in them now. I always swap my fog/driving lights to yellow in any car. Better in low light conditions, and it looks cooler coming at ya!

I just wanted to make sure I COULD use a HID bulb in the OEM housing without any issues first. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It doesn't twist. No matter how much I do. I've tried to turn it as hard as I could and it still moves only like 10-15 degrees.

Did yours twist like 45 degrees like the stock bulb?

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FUCK this.

One bulb finally twisted in after greasing the housing, and the other will NOT go.

Why in the hell are these such a pain in the ass???

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got em in... Wasn't pushing up enough before.

I lubed it up with Vaseline... And some got on the bulb I think... That's probably gonna screw em up huh?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts