Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD3ss
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot! Front right wheel bounces like a basket ball. Does any one have recomendations for an alternative replacement? This is the second Kbee to crap out on me.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
How long have u had them? How many miles?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD3ss
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe 18 months, 30k miles

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,860 Posts
weird ive been up a curb and over major potholes...

They still seem to feel solid as a rock. You may just have a bad case of luck when dealing with these:jackoff:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
you can get the replacement cartridge i have them or the kws have a lifetime warranty but then your stuck trying to sell a coilover set up which one is shot and seems you have the worst luck with them.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
What dampening setting you running them on?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD3ss
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can get the replacement cartridge i have them or the kws have a lifetime warranty but then your stuck trying to sell a coilover set up which one is shot and seems you have the worst luck with them.
Why would I try selling a defective part to someone? I just want a reliable strut.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD3ss
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess my question should be what are the urban drivers running?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
you had it in for 30k miles things wear out and no coilover last forever. You just replaced the last one few months ago its fine so it comes down to long term. You can replace the cartridge and are set to go or you can spend the loot for the kw front coilovers which have a lifetime warranty.

If somethign does go wrong with the kws you would have to send them to me and i would send them to kw they would visually see it and test it and then ship it to me for verifications then I would ship it back to you. The entire process from the time they get it to when I get it takes about 8-10 business days and then the time on shipping from you to me and me back to you about about another 5-7 business days. So you will be without a truck for 2 weeks at minimum unless you put a kbee back in to get you by.

Others here had the kbees in a few cases of 50-80k from my first gb in 06 and had no problems and I run 9 clicks on the street and 2 clicks at the track..

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
Tony when you say 9 click and 2 clicks, do you mean from the softest or most firm setting?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
fully counter clockwise till it stops then go 9 clicks clockwise. thats what i hve mine for on the street.

track same thing but only 2 turns clockwise.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
so you guys know out of 240 sets sold ive had 5 shocks go bad (2 of them being on sgtss truck)

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Thats some real shitty roads, off setting or just plain old bad luck. Sorry to hear Mario!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts