Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm scheduling another dyno day for the Hawaii braddahs. If interested, post here or PM me.

I'm targeting either this Saturday (1/22/11) or Saturday (2/5/11). If I don't get enough interest then I'll go myself this Saturday.

Dyno will be done with Bode at BSM Performance.

Google Map Link

BSM Performance
2022 Republican Street
Honolulu, HI 96819

I'm hope I can get the same deal I had the last time when I put this on but will need at least 5 confirmed. Moa da betta.

My stock dyno was 336HP/366TQ. I need to find out what my mods would produce. So far I got vette servos, BBA version 3 tune, C6 efans, Jetttstream stage 3 CAI, catchcan(power gain?), and remote transmission cooler. I got other mods so if want to see them....come by and we can talk shop.

I'll confirm time and date this Friday morning. If you not going to dyno, just come by anyways and say hi.

:cheers1:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Got no money to dyno, still unemployed. Let me know what time and I'll stop by if I don't go flying.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Cliff, I wish you luck with your situation. I'm hiring consultants that have Oracle background....nothing with your background.

I'll post the time and date on this topic when I get scheduled. Be nice to have you my good friend there to keep me company.

:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-bump- :boff:

·
Premium Member
06 & 08 TBSS
2,916 Posts
I don't got anything to dyno sadly.

Unless you want to dyno my company car LOL.

I'll be golfing so good luck.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dyno time setup for Noon tomorrow (Saturday). Shit load of cars are being dynoed so I'll be parked at McD's early to cool down the engine before my time.

I hope to see some fellow members. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Results of dyno run 1-22-2011

Bodie and Alex at BSM were gracious and very accommodating. After reading a tread topic - "ABS Fuse Pull...Does it work?", I wanted to find out if its true whether to turn off the TC via the shifter knob or pulling fuse will impact my true HP/TQ numbers.

Dyno Run Date: 02-16-2008
Baseline Run: STOCK with Fuse Pulled
HP: 336.2
TQ: 362.3

------------------
Dyno Run Date: 01-22-2011
1st run: Turn off TC only
HP: 293

2nd-6th Run: Fuse pulled
HP: 350
TQ: 357

7th and Final Run: Fuse pulled and airbox removed
HP: 352.9
TQ: 360.9

Results:
With my mods I increased from baseline: 16.7 HP.

There was a cool down period between runs. It took time so I was there for 2 hours.

I proved on my dyno runs that pulling the fuse significantly helps. I'm 2wd. 293 HP with fuse in was disappointing to say the least. Bodie actually couldn't get it to run right initially because the safety systems would kick in. So actually, the first run wasn't recorded so it was thrown out. He had to ease into the throttle granny-like to record the fuse in run.

I also observed that it was harder this time to keep the trans in 3rd when he punch the throttle. It would drop down to 2nd gear even at 3600rpms. It would flash the trans and throw the dyno off with 500+ hp readings. :biggrin2: hehe...I really like those numbers.

In the end, I'm not so happy that the TQ numbers wasn't where I thought it would be. I have a feeling that the trans is slipping due to age and not changing the fluids after 47,000 miles.

It looks like a trans mod is my near future goal. I'm thinking two paths, either find a reputable transmission shop to change out the internals or order a FLT transmission 4L70E level 7 but both will options will have a higher RPM converter. Since my TBSS is a daily driver and serves as a taxi for the wife and kids, I'm thinking about a 3000 11" converter.

No drag race track on Oahu so these dyno runs is a way to satisfy my thirst for horsepower and to document my progress.

My mods:
Vette servos, BBA version 3 tune, 160 t-stat, C6 efans, Jetttstream stage 3 CAI, JamesBiz billet prototype catch can, and PCMforless remote transmission cooler.

What'cha think?

·
Registered
BlackTrailblazerSS
268 Posts
What happened to the track? I was born and raised on the Island " kaneohe " and been to the track, but that was quite some time ago. I've been in oregon for to long apparently.

·
Registered
07 TBSS 3SS 2WD
369 Posts
I just got back yesterday afternoon and missed this. will try to make the next one though. We dyno'd ours stock and it was 348 and then another time it was 335. I believe the 335 was most correct. JBA in San Diego has a dream dyno for numbers so I didnt like the 348 one.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What happened to the track? I was born and raised on the Island " kaneohe " and been to the track, but that was quite some time ago. I've been in oregon for to long apparently.
Yeah, you have been away too long. I bet you got plate lunch fever eh?

The track closed down a number of years ago, can't remember exactly but around 2002/2003. news link

I missed the track, there is talk about a new drag street down San Island but that is all it is talk.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the info Kyle. So the plan for a 1/8 and 1/4 mile drag strip for Kalaeloa is set for stage 3. Stage 1 is still ongoing?

I'll donate as long as the money goes to the drag strip and it happens before I get too old to drive.

The sand drags look interesting. I'm thinking about attending that one.

·
Premium Member
06 & 08 TBSS
2,916 Posts
Supposedly it should have everything.

1/4
Dirt Oval and a bunch of other things.

But the people running the show I believe are not drag racers so the 1/8th and 1/4 is last on the list. But at least they are doing it.

Its been moving real real slow but at least its open now.

·
Registered
2007 2WD
410 Posts
holy crap.... where have I been?! LoL I just checked my inbox... sorry guys...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,479 Posts
i woulda been there but decided to move to san diego instead of back home..so the track is open now..maybe in couple years when i move home to the aina it will have a 1/4 mile..btw hard one good info +1 rep for u as i was unaware pulling fuse made difference..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts