Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Porsche guy here. I was a dealer tech for 13 years. Master Porsche tech for 7. I had a Panamera for a little while, but a 600 HP SUV is more fun.
A 780HP 991 turbo would be more fun though!
Good choice on the manual over the PDK, although launch control on the PDK is BRUTAL.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 · (Edited)
Porsche guy here. I was a dealer tech for 13 years. Master Porsche tech for 7. I had a Panamera for a little while, but a 600 HP SUV is more fun.
A 780HP 991 turbo would be more fun though!
Good choice on the manual over the PDK, although launch control on the PDK is BRUTAL.
Just curious, which coilover system would you recommend? I currently have the KW Club Sports. I am switching over to the Bilsteins this month, so I can utilize the suspension feature in the console. I have no problems with the stiffness in the KWs, but they squeak in the back..which can get annoying.

I do miss my TBSS..it had more character than the Ford Sport, pure brute. Nothing like hearing a v8...though hearing turbos spool up is pretty cool.

Even though I love the Porsche Turbo models, I love the size of the 997. The 991 version..though nice to look at they are bigger. And yes, I agree with you on the PDK launch..but I had to go stick.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
I only have experience with the Bilstein PSS10s since they're compatible with PASM. They made the 911 turbo handle even better than stick. Amazing steering response and road feel.
I've installed a few sets of Techart springs (made by eibach IIRC) that really helped firm things up too.

I'm kinda torn between the 997.1 and 991.
The DFI is a great feature of the 997.2 and 991s, but I'm not a huge fan of the Electric power steering.
The 4 wheel steering takes some getting used to also.

I work part time at a Porsche race shop. When the owner gets back, ill ask him what he thinks. He has waaay more Porsche racing experience than I do, but the PSS10 are pretty sweet!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I only have experience with the Bilstein PSS10s since they're compatible with PASM. They made the 911 turbo handle even better than stick. Amazing steering response and road feel.
I've installed a few sets of Techart springs (made by eibach IIRC) that really helped firm things up too.

I'm kinda torn between the 997.1 and 991.
The DFI is a great feature of the 997.2 and 991s, but I'm not a huge fan of the Electric power steering.
The 4 wheel steering takes some getting used to also.

I work part time at a Porsche race shop. When the owner gets back, ill ask him what he thinks. He has waaay more Porsche racing experience than I do, but the PSS10 are pretty sweet!
thanks for the response. I do not believe I will ever track her, thus the reason why I want a more compliant suspension set up. not sure if you know the true setup I have..

KW Club Sport Coilover Set, Tarret Front Top Mounts, RSS Front Adjustable Toe / Bump Steer Kit, Eibach Adjustable Front & Rear Anti Roll Bars
she feels planted...no body roll whatsoever..without jarring your teeth loose.

Hopefully this helps more when the owner returns to make a proper recommendation. My performance shop primarily works on GTRs, 370s, 350s and Audi's.. But dabble in various other manufacturers, there are four of us with Porsche's.

Thanks again...

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
Honestly, you may just need your setup dialed in to your tastes. Having all the parts is one thing, having them dialed in working together is another.

What is it you're wanting to change exactly?
Oversteer? Understeer? Better turn in? High speed stability?
Any idea how your alignment is set up now?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
The shop is called Ultra Performance located in Winder, GA. We do primarily Porsche stuff but dabble in a little bit of everything.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
Honestly, you may just need your setup dialed in to your tastes. Having all the parts is one thing, having them dialed in working together is another.

What is it you're wanting to change exactly?
Oversteer? Understeer? Better turn in? High speed stability?
Any idea how your alignment is set up now?
My current system is dialed in perfectly. However, the system squeaks to much for my taste, being on a race setup platform (metal to metal, as opposed to bushings). Once she warms up it quiets down. TBH, no one says anything about it or ever has, but it bothers me..

I am at my performance shop right now. My Porsche folder is at home..so i can be specific with the alignment numbers when I see the sheet.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Hello fellow TBSS'ers. I hope everyone has been safe from the dreaded Covid-19. Regardless of your political stance, as it appears this country is overly sensitive lately, I hope that you and your family remain safe!

Just like in your household, there have been changes in mine. First, I sold my boat to one of my agents (former) and still have BloodyHell, EcoHell and BMNLSC. However, wifey traded in her Audi S5 coupe for the Audi S5 Sportback. I still mod the hell out of EcoHell and just completed two projects over the past week. I am also officially a SnowBird, as I purchased a house in The Villages in Florida. It is on a golf course where my front view is the green of the first hole.

Since I have always loved this forum, I am curious are there any collectors out there for Star Wars, Star Trek, gaming systems, Matchbox, etc.? Reason for this question, I am cleaning out my mancave and cannot believe what I have accumulated over the years. I may have what you may be desiring/seeking.

The latest new hobby I am involved in is Ham Radio...LOL. Of all things, right? I have my GMRS license and will get my Tech and General license soon. One of the mods for EcoHell was installing an NMO mount antenna for my ICOM radio (pics of that later..ha!). Anyone else into GMRS?

One thing I will be posting in the For Sale forum are a set of Foglight housings with bulbs I never used for BMNSS. Totally forgot I had them. They were sold by Jettt Auto Tech, LLC. Don't know what I paid for them. If you know anything about them, please advise.

Well, I hope you drop a hello (at least) and share what you have done and any new toys you have possibly purchased.

Stay Safe everyone!!

Reactions: Mitch808

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,035 Posts
Hope you are doing well! I still have the TBSS, but added my grandfather's '72 C 10 I had to resurrect and just got a 2006 GTO. My son and I love hot wheels and matchbox cars, would love to see what you are thinking of getting rid of. Glad to hear from another early member!

101 - 109 of 109 Posts