Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Clean Audi, you've added some nice touches. How's that AccuAir system ride during normal driving?

I like the concave form of the Niche's but they're a bit to "meshy" for my taste, would prefer to see a simple spoke design with the same concave.

Nice ride for sure!
Thank you for the props. The AccuAir system is a tad bit more sensitive than the Dynamic mode in the Audi Drive Select. The system reads each corner like three times a second. Keep in mind that I drive MonSoonHell daily.

As far as the rim is concern, I agree with you that it is meshy..but when these wheels are clean, they really pop. I am already looking into my fifth set of wheels. Wifey says I have to sell at least one set of rims to purchase another set. The fifth set will not be as meshy.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Big boy toys
You know the saying, " Good things come to those who wait. " I definitely have a good friend who own Real Auto Dynamics for all the toys and mods that went into MonSoonHell. It cushioned the hit to my wallet. And I fell into a hell of a deal for the boat...couldn't pass it up.

I have a funny feeling that both MonSoonHell and Fed Up will be for sale by next year. There is one more toy that we are seriously looking at. Actually, if Babylon Village did not have strict rules on a certain type of vehicle, we would have purchased it before the boat.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Besides Waterfest, MonSoonHell was one of the booth cars for Niche & Rotiform Wheels at Tuner Evolution in PA.

After that show, I was contacted by Niche Wheels, specifically thru MHT. They were talking to AccuAir, who wanted a photoshoot of MonSoonHell for their 2016 catalogs and websites.

Last Thursday the photoshoot took place. Here are a couple.

It is amazing what a professional photographer can do with a camera..

Be

·
Slow Ass Tbss
TrailblazerSS
2,834 Posts
good thing about that accuair it will get that car back to a 50/50 from a 60/40 weight distribution. I do like how the bags fit around the strut, good idea, still not my cup of tea to froggy looking for me and rather a good set of remote resovior setup.

For now I will just go with my poor man's lowering of eibachs on the gm magnaride suspension lol.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
good thing about that accuair it will get that car back to a 50/50 from a 60/40 weight distribution. I do like how the bags fit around the strut, good idea, still not my cup of tea to froggy looking for me and rather a good set of remote resovior setup.

For now I will just go with my poor man's lowering of eibachs on the gm magnaride suspension lol.

If your defining froggy to the stance of my car, know that I did not go to the extreme with the rear camber. It actually can go lower in the rear, to make it even with the fronts. I am old school, in that, I am not a fan of camber.

The only reason for the AccuAir system is to place in car shows. I compete at least twice to three times a year in national euro shows. Unfortunately, it is needed for higher scores from the judges.

And GM for the win..:cheers1:

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
Ok everyone...as you can tell, it has been a while. Even though i havent posted, I have been lurking. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and 2017 so far. If you have been keeping up with my thread, you know I am nearing retirement..May 2018. Cannot believe that we are in December. This year flew by.

Besides saying hey, I wanted to show boat my early new retirement toy. I was seriously considering either the 2017 Corvette Z06 or Grand Sport. However, this toy was was in front of me all along. Say hello to BloodyHell...

BloodyHell is a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (997.1), manual transmission (of course). Plenty of mods currently pumping out 780 whp. Running on a Cobb Tune (meth/E-85) and AMS9 intercoolers. When I retire, I will complete the AMS9 kit with the upgraded turbos.

Made the purchase about a week and half ago. Previous owner is installing a new clutch (Sachs) and new LED Tail Lights. Also a wet sand detail job. Once I get my new plates, I will take more pictures. Any one else have a 911 Turbo?

·
Hater
Duh
9,218 Posts
Ok everyone...as you can tell, it has been a while. Even though i havent posted, I have been lurking. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and 2017 so far. If you have been keeping up with my thread, you know I am nearing retirement..May 2018. Cannot believe that we are in December. This year flew by.

Besides saying hey, I wanted to show boat my early new retirement toy. I was seriously considering either the 2017 Corvette Z06 or Grand Sport. However, this toy was was in front of me all along. Say hello to BloodyHell...

BloodyHell is a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (997.1), manual transmission (of course). Plenty of mods currently pumping out 780 whp. Running on a Cobb Tune (meth/E-85) and AMS9 intercoolers. When I retire, I will complete the AMS9 kit with the upgraded turbos.

Made the purchase about a week and half ago. Previous owner is installing a new clutch (Sachs) and new LED Tail Lights. Also a wet sand detail job. Once I get my new plates, I will take more pictures. Any one else have a 911 Turbo?

Bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
Color, stance and wheels are perfect oh and 700hp adds a nice touch. Congrats on your present and come may congrats on the start of enjoying all the years of hard work.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Wow just saw this but that is a very nice looking ride for sure and the HP is awesome! It will be a fun retirement present and keep you young at heart.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I hope your Thanksgiving Holiday was a joyous one and wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and soon to be Happy New Year.

I actually pulled the trigger and retired on July 7, 2018. I have been enjoying no alarm clocks and bosses who never did the job before to answer too. I have job offers, but want to finish the end of the year with no job.

I sold MonSoonHell and purchased a full loaded 2018 Ford Explorer Sport..of course wanting more..when I hit 700 miles, the modding began. I installed downpipes, CAI, lowering springs, performance tune all from Livernois Motorsports Performance. Of course you cannot complete the ride without new wider rims..so I now have ECOHELL.

I like the stock wheels, however, they are not wide enough for the Sport, being a wide vehicle. So I found a nice set that matches the OEM look, but satisfying the wider look and feel.

STOCK:

MODDED:

All wrapped around on:

Sooo.. I wished the new Trailblazer coming out would have a SS version.. but what is the community's thoughts on the new Trailblazer? I thought it looked sorta bland...so perhaps GM is waiting to wow us with a performance version...wishful thinking perhaps.

Anyways...let the bashing begin on ECOHELL. I shopped around and based on performance and potential performance of SUVs..it was hard to beat with the price.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Oh yeahh...I forgot..I purchased new wheels for BLOODYHELL...the 20s provided a harsh ride on NY roads...so purchased 19s all around. And changed up the 20s alittle with a powdercoat job...

The 19s are OZ Wheels:

I wanted a different look so chose BBS GOLD on the face of the wheels and kept the polished lip. My new(er) 3-Piece Rotiform wheels:

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 · (Edited)
Hmmm...I guess should show boat a new addition to the family as well. Wifey's Audi A7 was traded in for a 2018 Audi S5 coupe..

She is happy and you all know what that means... happy woman..equals happy man.

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
Iv heard those ecoboost handle very well to mods, how much power did you pickup? I like the gold change, i liked them in all silver too a nice fit n style.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Iv heard those ecoboost handle very well to mods, how much power did you pickup? I like the gold change, i liked them in all silver too a nice fit n style.

I purchased Livernois Motorsports' Level 2 Performance Package. The package claims 79 whp and 102 wtq. I can tell you if feels every bit of it...especially the torque. So from the stock numbers of 365hp and 350tq...it isn't a bad upgrade.

Once the weather gets warmer I will do a photo shoot with the Rotiforms on BloodyHell. Depending on how they look, I will order the same wheels in 19inches... that way I can use them daily.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
24 Posts

...On an aging forum for 10+yr old trucks.. I'd bet you are the only 911 here. ;)

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
...On an aging forum for 10+yr old trucks.. I'd bet you are the only 911 here. ;)
Hmmmmm... maybe we just have pure diehard domestic hearts in here..:biggrin2:

Never did a search of Porsche in this forum...right after I submit this thread, I will do it.. hopefully will be an interesting find.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Happy New Year everyone. Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable celebration of leaving 2018 into 2019.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts