Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I never ever thought I would have a thread started where I would be discussing selling or trading in the BMNSS....but it is happening. It all started early February when I was shopping for a new car for wifey as she received a promotion at her job. If you recall, her car was a 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport.

I walked in to an Audi dealership and after I test drove the 2012 Audi A7, I purchased the one on the showroom floor.

This car is awesome...and even though wifey absolutely loved her M45 Sport, she is absolutely orgasmic over the A7..

Now when there is inclement weather she doesn't have to wait for me to go to work.

Now I know what does this have to do with the BMNSS. Well during the transaction of the A7, I test drove the 2012 S5 automatic and stick..and my head was spinning.

On February 29, the dealership contacted me in the morning while I was at work and advised that they had to move 4 vehicles by midnight and would offer me a sale price below their purchase price. Now keep in mind, I know the tactics that sales people pull, but this salesman had sold 3 previous cars to my brother, so we knew him. Both my brother and I went to the dealership around 1900 hours (7pm for you civilians). My brother traded in his 2011 Audi A5 (S-line) for a 2012 Audi S5 (Black/auto)...and well, I purchased a fully loaded 2012 Audi S4 (Monsoon Gray w/Titanium Package and 6 speed manual). Keep in mind that I paid $29,323 for the BMNSS back in November 2008...she was new with 14 miles on the odo. They gave me $21000+ for her...so for 4 and half years, the BMNSS cost me less than $9000. Of course it doesn't count the modifications I had done on her. But I couldn't believe the appraisal.

I walked out of the dealership with my S4 with having only a hundred and one dollar more than the BMNSS. Plus they threw in the Audi Maintenance Plan up to 45000 miles, their price on the tire/rim insurance package and as promised, below their purchase price of the vehicle. If anyone knows Audi, my S4 is the only one like it in the country...of course anyone can order the toys and color combo I got, but right now, she is a 1 of a kind. The "sister" S4 of mine is located in Tennessee...everything the same except that she is an automatic.

Anyways...sorry for the story. I am excited, but sadden in a way..because I do miss the BMNSS.

I would like for you to meet MonSoonHell...

I will be selling my original parts from the BMNSS. And if anyone is interested in purchasing the BMNSS, she is on the showroom floor at Atlantic Chevrolet.

BMNSS

Reactions: BrosefStalin

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
In case you don't know the BMNSS...

See my signature to see the mods...plus she had a new factory transmission installed at 43xxx miles and has 56xxx miles on the odo. New starter and driver's side window motor. I drove her to Florida (Tampa) just about every year to see my old man. The only problems I had with her was an ignition switch and transmission. Nothing else. Only premium gas was used.

Once I get my taxes back, I may just purchase her back. So the BMNSS may make a comeback in my stable.

BMNSS

Reactions: K5/SS

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I love S5's! Congrats man, that is a sick car:cheers1:

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
GORGEOUS car man, that is awesome.

Don't know what to think about the rear of the A7 though....is it a hatch?

As long as wifey is happy, then all is well!

:kewlpics:

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GORGEOUS car man, that is awesome. Don't know what to think about the rear of the A7 though....is it a hatch? As long as wifey is happy, then all is well! :kewlpics:
You really have to see it in person to appreciate its shape. The rear of the A7 is lower than that of the A5. Quoted from an automobile magazine, "The A7’s most direct competitors are the Mercedes-Benz CLS and the Porsche Panamera V-6. Others are the coupe-ish Jaguar XF, as well as the funky BMW 5-series GT."

Yes it is a hatch. When you fold down the rear seats, there is almost the same amount of room as the SS. You can have two adults that are 6 feet lay down comfortably, for camping out or just want to get busy...in a hidden spot of course...LOL!

BMNSS

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Nice s4, but you should have waited for the rs5 to come state side.

Lets see pics of your brothers s5.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice s4, but you should have waited for the rs5 to come state side. Lets see pics of your brothers s5.
Will be visiting my brother soon...we both travel alot. Promise to have pictures of his car shortly. The RS5 starts at $70,000. And for the small difference in performance..don't know if it would have been worth the price difference. I did my homework on the S4 and S5. The reason I chose the S4..performance wise it is quicker than the S5...especially with a rolling start...it stops shorter and the throttle response is incredible. The biggest decision maker was the 4 doors..as I go into NYC at times.

BMN

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Nice germans! What ever happened to the chrome mirrors on the s series? I liked that feature. Anyway, relly nice cars! And the dealer that has the TBSS is asking a little less than 24k.. not a bad deal!

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
For some reason, the pictures of your S4 didn't load last time. That thing is sweet! The interior of my SS is the main reason I keep looking at other rides. Seeing that Audi interior really makes me want to get another car.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
For some reason, the pictures of your S4 didn't load last time. That thing is sweet! The interior of my SS is the main reason I keep looking at other rides. Seeing that Audi interior really makes me want to get another car.
With the CTSV being the sole exception no American cars can hold a candle to the interior on German sedans.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice germans! What ever happened to the chrome mirrors on the s series? I liked that feature. Anyway, relly nice cars! And the dealer that has the TBSS is asking a little less than 24k.. not a bad deal!
When the BMNSS was first advertised, it was $24k. But the real good news is that my good friend, who we eat dinner with Saturday nights, actually drove up with the BMNSS...well, obviously it is no longer the BMNSS...as my good friend actually purchased it Saturday afternoon. He was little upset that I traded it in..so he had to purchase it... And not at the advertised price.

I was going to purchase her again after my taxes came back...I really miss her. But now that I know someone I trust has the SS, the only thing that could be better was for me to re-purchase it.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
question isnt the audi about same price as ctsv 70k out the door?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
374 Posts
Gorgeous car man! Plus its a 6 speed!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
question isnt the audi about same price as ctsv 70k out the door?
My Audi is almost fully loaded, the only one that is more expensive than mine is the sister version as she is an automatic. Sticker price on my car is $62,250.00

The Automatic version was $63,xxx.xx.

I love the CTS-V sedan...but being up here in NY and after looking at the performance numbers on the S4. With the extra money in my pocket from the price difference, I could mod the S4 be just as quick, if not quicker. If I match the V, then I look at it as being ahead...the all wheel drive keeps me driving year round...especially with NY winters.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And thanks for the compliments on my decision and car...I thought most of you would give me sh^t about trading in my SS, especially for a German brand.

It took 30 minutes at the dealership for me to sign over the SS. They stayed open until 0100 hours (1am) for my purchase and their normal business hours have them close at 2100 hours (9pm). They were happy that they were making their monthly quota, but a little annoyed that I was hesitating.

Even though I may have lost the BMNSS, I plan on hanging around here. This is definitely one of the best forums I am a member of.

Hmmm..I named my S4, " MonSoonHell ". Perhaps I should name her,
" BMNS4 ".

Ahhhh, then again, they say change is a good thing.

Reactions: onyx_rock
1 - 20 of 109 Posts