Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, it's an autobahn car - I get it. Yeah - it's 5000#, I'm aware. But it makes a shit ton of power and torque - had tuner banners on the front and rear windows (including a red ak-47 sticker on the rear window). Was on the 6th - heading Southbound on 41 - middle eastern guy driving it, comes around me off the light smoking the tires pretty hard.

Catch him and we get the next light. Pull hard on him fromt he dig - I let off around 115 (don't trap anymore than that, so don't run passed it usually) and he was about a car back and coming hard. He was not happy - wanted to do a roll race (actually spoke pretty good english). He didn't care what speed - I told him 30 (where I downshift to 1st still) and gave him the move - he moves - I pull about a car - we both get on the brakes hard at about 90mph because of traffic about dead even.

He had alotta questions - seemed pretty dissapointed. Overall made my day. Nothing like spanking a $200k+ car - even if it's not at it's own game.

I usually don't post street races here anymore - but i do keep a Word document of every single one - so if you hear any horror stories of a black TBSS around Bradenton - PM me :)

----

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Wooh wooh when was this?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
You must be heavily modded if your running that good against that car. I wouldn't be happy if I had that car and a 5000lbs suv was right beside me or in front of me! Good story.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
im pretty sure hes got h/c and a stall.
sweet kill tho i bet the look on his face was priceless

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I'm your worst nightmare Rob :rofl:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Lol nice!! You wanna go to import face-off and hurt done feelings?!?!?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
God that guy had to be butt hurt after that... I would be.
May I ask you what a good 1/4 mile time for you is? I am guessing an LSX motor of some displacement?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's no exotic combo guys - just a good setup - actually the shortblock is stock other than the cam. Good run for me at sea level down here in the cool air is a bottom 12.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,051 Posts
Middle eastern guy? It was prob. a S430 with S65 badges. He would have smoked you! Especially if it was the new body.

LOL

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
499 Posts
Toyo Proxes 315/35/20's - they hook very very good till about half tread.
Are you 2wd? Have you tried any other brands? I am getting 20X10 for my rears and dont want to waste money triing to find some thing that will hook up for me.I have a 2wd running 12.8 1/4 on my all season yokos and cant get them to stop spinning.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts